Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to adopt in the Houston, TX area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camcomeon

Lairian
Hi, my name is Cameron and I am new to this forum. I have been considering getting a Sphynx for about 2 years now, but I have had little luck on the standard pet adoption sites. After reading through these forums, it seems that there are a lot more success stories, so hopefully, mine will be one of them!
I am very intrigued by this breed and from what Ive read they are extremely special cats. I am looking for an adult/ senior cat in need of a good home. I live near Houston, but I am willing to travel. I live with my grandmother and her two cats, and my dog (who is very good with them, even though they don't really care for her :ROFLMAO:) My grandmother is retired, so he/ she will have love and company all day, even when I am away at work. I have been a veterinary technician for 3 years so you can know they will be well taken care of and receive regular vet care.
I am extremely excited to be looking for my very first sphynx, so If anyone knows of any kitties needing a new home please let me know :happy:

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair! I recommend looking at the adoption section daily, we see that when one is posted they usually go very fast. We can see months of no adoptions posted and then a flurry of them. By remaining an active member in the community even when you don’t have a Hairless Wonder helps as you will continue to learn about this amazing breed and see the adoptions quicker as you go through the threads.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Camcomeon , welcome to the lair family :)
Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch while the sphynx stars align!
Keep active here - I was blessed with adopting two sweet adult males from a member and also got on a wait list for a retired breeder from a reputable breeder.
You can ask for reputable breeders in your are a and imterview for retirees - I did this and adopted acwomderful retiree

Here are somee good threads -
How to Detect fraud sphynx cat adoption ads

What to expect from a responsible sphynx breeder

Sphynx Cat Help Center

Camcomeon

Lairian
Welcome to Sphynxlair! I recommend looking at the adoption section daily, we see that when one is posted they usually go very fast. We can see months of no adoptions posted and then a flurry of them. By remaining an active member in the community even when you don’t have a Hairless Wonder helps as you will continue to learn about this amazing breed and see the adoptions quicker as you go through the threads.
Thanks so much for the advice. I will try to be as active on here as possible, and hopefully the right match will come along! :D

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair! Hope you find a sphynx soon. Best luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.