Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to adopt on Long Island New York

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Timsaltt welcome! All paws crossed the Sphynx stars align !
Keep positive .. Several of us have adopted from members .
You can also ask about reputable breeders for your area
Many times they have upcoming retirees and a short wait list

Be sure to read the fraud thread amd reputable breeder thread in the help center

Jump In and enjoy this fun friendly bunch

Ps I grew up on Long Island Suffolk county
Miss it

Timsaltt

Lairian
@Timsaltt welcome! All paws crossed the Sphynx stars align !
Keep positive .. Several of us have adopted from members .
You can also ask about reputable breeders for your area
Many times they have upcoming retirees and a short wait list

Be sure to read the fraud thread amd reputable breeder thread in the help center

Jump In and enjoy this fun friendly bunch

Ps I grew up on Long Island Suffolk county
Miss it
Thank you yoda mom

We have a tuxedo cat We rescued from the islip animal shelter 2 years ago. We have room for more than 1 cat and love sphynx breed.

Tim

sarralewis

Lairian
There’s a rescue I found on petfinder I believe that ONLY releases animals to NY residents close enough for home checks. They had 4 beautiful cats listed last time I looked.
Being in TN, they were not kitties I could get. But doing a home check, id assume they’re a trustworthy rescue.

Timsaltt

Lairian
My wife and I have always gotten out cats from people that either couldn’t keep them many longer or someone passed on and the poor cat was unwanted

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Timsaltt small world ! I grew up down the road from the Islip shelter !
Bless you for adopting your Tixedo! Name, Pic? All paws are lair family !

Comtinued positive vibes the Sphynx stars align.
I have 4 nakid adoptees - two from a member .
Stay active and check here often - several of us have adopted from members

Treespirit

Lairian
Hi Tim, I wanted to put out some feelers. We are in NJ and sadly are looking for a new family for our 9 yr old girl. Mainly due to my own allergies and health issues. Would love to get in touch to see if this could be a match.

Although her personality really shines through more as an only cat. When we had another cat we didn't see her as often. Maybe there was a competition for attention.

@Timsaltt

Last edited by a moderator:

Kimberly143

Lairian
Hi Tim, I wanted to put out some feelers. We are in NJ and sadly are looking for a new family for our 9 yr old girl. Mainly due to my own allergies and health issues. Would love to get in touch to see if this could be a match.

Although her personality really shines through more as an only cat. When we had another cat we didn't see her as often. Maybe there was a competition for attention.

@Timsaltt
Hi did you ever find a home ?

mateusdutra

Lairian

@Timsaltt
Hi, did you ever find a home for the cat?

Back