Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to adopt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treespirit

Lairian
You know, the more I visit this site the more I love this breed. I LOVE them!

A week or so ago I filled out an application for a 2 year old male sphynx in this state. It was a courtesy listing. A person was looking to re-home him and the rescue organization put the listing up for him/her. However, the rescue cannot get back to anyone because the person is not getting back to them. A very frustrating situation.

So, then yesterday I saw another Sphynx for adoption on petfinder in NJ. I find this truly amazing/remarkable. What are the chances of 2 sphynx's being up for adoption in this state alone?

I filled out an application for both and am keeping my fingers crossed. All I can do is hope that everything will work out the way it is meant to. ^_^

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I saw one the other day in ny also I forget where I saw it I will look and let you know thats not too far.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

You will have your sphynx one day and the wait will be well worth it.
I picked Cleo in sept 2008 and got her in dec 2008.
The flight was called off twice because the weather.
She was well worth waiting for.
tomorrow my new sphynx is coming and I can not wait.

Treespirit

Lairian
Hey guys. Just wanted to give a heads up that this one that I applied for: Lizzie seems to still be available.

Well, they are now saying that they prefer someone with experience with this breed. So I suppose they are ruling out people like me. Anyways, I know people on this forum are experienced, so if anyone in the NJ area is looking for a new addition you should check her out. Very cute!

gizmo6370

Banned
She's very cute...and i hope you can have her....your trying your best...to get to know everything about the sphynxbreed ( you've joint here...so you can ask everything you need to know )...good luck...fingers crossed :ThumbsUp: :Wink:

Marinka

Lairian
Hey guys. Just wanted to give a heads up that this one that I applied for: Lizzie seems to still be available.

Well, they are now saying that they prefer someone with experience with this breed. So I suppose they are ruling out people like me. Anyways, I know people on this forum are experienced, so if anyone in the NJ area is looking for a new addition you should check her out. Very cute!

You know that is weird. I sent my application for Lizzie 2 days ago. I guess I did a mistake saying I have a dog that not fixed yet. He is 9 months old chihuahua. They replayed to me that they dont give for adoption for ppl who has not fixed animals. Well, i thought ok..could be a good reason. But why they told about having experience with Sphynx?!
Good luck to you with your search! If you find two will you let me know :)

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know why.
Sphynx are very different then any breed of cat and if they fall into the wrong hands it can be terrible.
I talked to some people from rescues and they prefer people that had sphynx already or have them now.
If not taken care the right way they can get sick.

Treespirit

Lairian
I know why.
Sphynx are very different then any breed of cat and if they fall into the wrong hands it can be terrible.
I talked to some people from rescues and they prefer people that had sphynx already or have them now.
If not taken care the right way they can get sick.

Yes, that makes perfect sense to me, but I think exceptions should be made for people willing to learn. I don't really take offense. I hope they can find her a home that they'd feel comfortable with, that is also the best match for her.

Treespirit

Lairian
She's very cute...and i hope you can have her....your trying your best...to get to know everything about the sphynxbreed ( you've joint here...so you can ask everything you need to know )...good luck...fingers crossed :ThumbsUp: :Wink:

This is probably for the best, and the adopters should have more knowledge on the breed. I think I'll order some books to learn more. However, you can't put on the application all the books you've read on the breed. ^_~ You have to already have the experience. I guess there is no chance for people to gain that experience if you need it in the first place to get a sphynx. :Dizzy: Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back