Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to adopt♥️

TessMarie

Lairian
Hi! My name is Tess and I’m a 19 year old girl in Minnesota. I have wanted a sphynx cat since i was 9 years old! Recently my dog passed of old age and I have had a hole in my heart since. My mom said we can get a sphynx cat if I pay for it but i would prefer to adopt one and give one a really good home! I’m home everyday and going to school online so the baby would get all my attention! I am willing to travel, and 100% going to be a perfect cat mama! I just want something to love. Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@TessMarie welcome to the lair family
((Hugs))) I am so so sorry your bestie dog got angel wings .
All paws are lair family.
Hold the best of memories close to heart .
No time is ever enough . Your dog friend only knew your love .

I truly believe our angel babies send us the one to love like they knew in this world .
I truly understand wanting and waiting for my first sphynx . I waited 15 years .

All paws crossed the sphynx stars align . Stay active here and check out the wonderful threads that are purrfect to prepare for sphynx life .
Stay active with us and jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch .

Many of us have adopted from other members .
I have all adoptees . One a cuddly retiree breeder. Highly recommend contacting reputable breeders to inquire about any upcoming retirees .

Bless you for wanting to adopt.

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi there! I got my Sphynx from a local shelter a few years ago. Keep your eye out because they do show up! Also from time to time they are posted here in the adoption section, so stay active and check back often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Timsaltt

Lairian
I have been looking for some time to adopt an older sphynx with little luck.

I may just go to a breeder in a few months that has kittens in there way

Good luck with your search.

Tim

alandsim

Lairian
I also started out wanting to rescue. I would keep an eye out on this forum, and also sign up for email or text alerts from sites like RescueMe Purebred Cat Rescue, Adopt-a-pet and Petfinder. Rescue Sphinxes always go fast (to good homes, which is good!) so be prepared to get your hopes up a lot, but you might get lucky if one pops up in your area.

I would also recommend messaging breeders in your area and asking if they're planning on retiring any of their cats. That's what I did and to my surprise I got a response! It ended up working out great. I was uneducated on breeding practices and assumed they would only retire senior cats, but my breeder retires cats after 3 years (which makes sense! It's hard on the body!) so I got a relatively young adult kitty.

It might take a while, but while you're waiting for the perfect cat, it's a great time to save money to a little fund for pet care including vet bills, food, and all the random stuff you'll need to buy. Research to better predict what the costs are going to be. And adoption fees! Often they still are high because this is a sought after breed.

When you're waiting it's easy to get tempted by scammers because you feel so anxious to find a cat and they'll often present a situation that's too good to be true, so check out the thread on here for how to spot scams and what to expect from a reputable breeder.

Good luck!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair. Sorry for the loss of your dog.
A sphynx will sure bring new joy in your life. Good luck in your search