Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lacy Andry

Lairian
I am new to this site and not sure if anyone is from Kentucky much less if there's a chance for an adoption/rescue here. Abit about me, I am a nurse and have such a passion for what I do, luckily I also only work two days a week. I have two children ages 2 and 5 that are constantly bugging me non stop about wanting a pet of their own. I have done an immense amount of research from diet, health issues, personality, and any other aspect you can think of. After several discussions with my friend who is a veterinarian and another friend who owns spyhnxs herself we decided that breed is a perfection fit for us. The main factor as to why I was lead to this breed is that my daughter was born at 27 weeks, although very healthy now she has a few minor issues. One of those is allergies and due to that we have been unable to have a pet. My best friend has 2 spyhnxs and she does amazing with them and wants to take them home. I am a huge advocate to rescue/adopt over going to a breeder, only because I would love to help an animal or family in need. But I am having a hard time finding anything close to me and I am hoping this site may help. Also I am completely ok with any age and I am not just wanting a kitten. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you can help my sweet babies on their journey to finally having their own pet to Love, since we though it was impossible.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Lacy Andry and welcome to Sphynxlair! So goad you found us! Be sure to check out our adoption/ rescue area frequently. Please enjoy the community! :)

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. Best wishes for finding a baby soon to add to your family.

BrittanyS

Lairian
Fellow Kentuckian here! I, too, looked for rescues when I started my sphynx search, but I wasn't able to find anything local (I'm in SE KY, right on the TN border and I extended my search into TN as well). I did ultimately choose a great breeder who has a very small cattery. I'm sure if you keep an eye out for adoptions on the forums here, you may find a sphynx close enough to you, even if it isn't in Kentucky.

Lacy Andry

Lairian
Fellow Kentuckian here! I, too, looked for rescues when I started my sphynx search, but I wasn't able to find anything local (I'm in SE KY, right on the TN border and I extended my search into TN as well). I did ultimately choose a great breeder who has a very small cattery. I'm sure if you keep an eye out for adoptions on the forums here, you may find a sphynx close enough to you, even if it isn't in Kentucky.
Thank you for your response. If you see anything let me know if you wouldn't mind. Also would you mind to give me the breeder information? as long as they're somewhat affordable.

Cinderstar95

Lairian
Thank you for your response. If you see anything let me know if you wouldn't mind. Also would you mind to give me the breeder information? as long as they're somewhat affordable.
Hello! glad to see a new face looking to adopt the best cat breed ever.
I am from Indiana and have gotten cats from Kentucky before. Rescues in this area are super uncommon (I've only ever seen one online and it was not feasible at the time.) I've always wanted rescues but because they aren't available (thankfully I might say) I've gone to breeders. If you'd like I can recommend breeders in the area that produce good cats in my experience. There are also a few breeders that I would warn you away from if you decide to go that route. let me know!
and good luck with your search, these babies are just the best.

Back