Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to have another baby....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny46060

Lairian
Well, it's done... My husband has fallen head over heels in love with Kaci and now he wants a baby of his own!!

We live in Indiana and are looking for a younger baby.. preferably 2 years or younger. He wants a boy, but I'm sure that he could love a little girl too... Just as long as they are healthy. ;)

So, please keep us in mind if you know of any babies needing a new forever home.

Thanks friends!

Jessica, Michael, & Kaci

Jenny46060

Lairian
I hope so.... That is actually my biggest concern. Does anybody have any advice about bringing in a new baby after she's been the only child for 2 years?? I hope she enjoys the extra company... She is quite the spoiled Diva/Princess! :Wink:

Her happiness is number one!!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
So exciting I am sure your princess will enjoy a playmate and the way the 2 of you seem to spoil her A new kitty will be very lucky! You are the kind of kitty parents us breeders love to see our babies go to!:ThumbsUp:
Good luck in your search!

Brooke

Banned
I hope so.... That is actually my biggest concern. Does anybody have any advice about bringing in a new baby after she's been the only child for 2 years?? I hope she enjoys the extra company... She is quite the spoiled Diva/Princess! :Wink:

Her happiness is number one!!

Good luck with your search! I'm sure Kaci will appreciate the company, even if she doesn't act like it at first. I have some first hand experience with this:

Walter was an only child until I got him at age 2. In fact, I'm not sure he'd been socialized with many people other than his owner and definitely never been around any other animals. He was happy being the only cat, ruling the house until...Enter Helen...

First, you'll want to quarantine the new kitty for a minimum of a week (2 is better). This will serve a few purposes: 1) making sure the new cat doesn't have any illness that could spread to Kaci 2) letting the new kitty adjust to the sights and smells of you and your hubby and adjust to the new home without any additional stress and 3) giving Kaci a chance to sniff her out, through the safety of a closed door.

When you're ready to make introductions, go slowly and the cats will let you know if it's going to be easy or not! When Helen and Walter met each other, they sniffed, Helen hissed one time and Walter ran away and pouted for a week. That was the extent of it. I made sure to give Walter extra love and attention during his pouting to let him know he wasn't being replaced and that there was enough love to go around. To get them comfortable with each other, treats and food worked really well for me, because my cats are very motivated by food. So, whenever I had them together I would give them treat rewards so they'd associate together time with treat time. They were easy.

((Do a forum search for "new kitty introduction" for more tips))

Several months later I adopted Nelson and Mandy. That...was not so easy. It took three entire months before I could trust Nelson and Walter alone in the same room without attacking each other. It was definitely a test of my patience, but it finally worked.

As for Walter, who was once the lone boy in the house, and seemed quite content ruling the place by himself - well, he and the other cats play, chase, and constantly terrorize me now. I know he would be bored to tears if I took his playmates away, and have no doubt he's a happier kitty now that he's got friends! It just took him a little bit of time to realize it. :ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
I would go with a boy--girls can get snitty to each other--and I would also go for a kitten--they are easier to assimilate into an existing household. Am happy for you!
Oh, sorry, I didn't look at the heading--you are looking for a rescue...most likely not too many rescue kittens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back