Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to help out Gummis humans

Inferno12

Banned
I along with many others here have been pretty touched my the Gummi story lately. I have been especially touched by the fact the Bronwyns son gave up his birthday for the little girl. This to me shows how dedicated a family they are. I feel that we are a pretty dedicated group here so I am looking for some folks to help me out and give Bronwyns family some money to pay for a birthday for her son and maybe to help the boys not eat PB&J for the next two weeks. I was going to do this privately but why not ask out in the open?? Even though I have been dealing with my vet bills, I feel that I need to help people in need when I can. I have been working lots and lots of hours and feel that I can spare some for someone with a big heart who is in need.

If you are interested in helping me please PM me and we can set something up maybe in paypal or something.

Thanks guys! :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
Count me in---I have been so blessed by this group of folks! I need to pay it forward.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I need to talk to some of you in private also.
It is something I am planning to do for Trish.
Let me know if you want in.
It will be in 2 weeks when I meet her.
I will try to help with Gummi also somehow.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, I am moved to tears yet again, you guys are amazing, and I am blessed to have found you all! Don't worry about us, we are not really eating just pb&j, we also have some ramen noodles, lol

seriously though~ we managed to take out a small loan to get us through the next couple of months, we have been much worse in the past, we will survive this too. We are usually prepared for vet bills, but Gummi's just kept piling up with no answers, but I really think we are on the way home, fingers crossed!

Save the fundraisers for the most serious, like Neala's surgery. Believe me if Gumball needs surgery, I am gonna come knocking on your doors, after all you ALL helped raise her:Laugh:

So, yes I am deeply deeply touched that you want to help us, and I sincerely love you all so much for it, but we are going to be okay. All I ask is that you all continue to be the people that I can lean on and share Gummi with.

And yes, with the loan we are getting Robert can have his birthday on time, I am going to order his cake Monday when the paperwork is done, and his party is Tues! By the way, guess what he wants ? His dad is taking him and two of his friends to a hotel in town that has an indoor pool, so they can swim all day, spend the night in a hotel, and order pizza! What an odd kid, lol

susi794

Staff member
I don't think that's odd at all....lots of kids around me do the same thing. I would love that myself!

That is good news Gadzukz! Your son sounds like an amazing kid! You have a great family there!

And oh I remember ramen noodle days. To this day, the thought of ramen noodles and chicken thighs makes me gag! LOL!

I think your son has a great idea about birthday in a hotel. I may have to ask my hubby for that as well.

And how is our Miss Gummi doing tonight?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Inferno, thanks for putting this out there. I would definitely like to help. I thought about PMing Gadzukz and tell her I would like to send her a little somehting, but I couldn't get past what to say. "I promise I'm not a psycho...can I send you a check."

You have a wonderfully dedicated family, Gadzukz. Bless you all.

My youngest just went to a sleepover hotel party for a 10 year old friend Friday night. The Holiday Inn had both an indoor and outdoor pool and the girls loved it. The girls Dad couldn't get over how easy and fun it was.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had that same thought 3 days ago but was too shy to come out and say - let's help Gummi's family. I am in.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a nice group of people. So giving. :)
Can you post the paypal link or is that against the rules of the site?

Wow, I am moved to tears yet again, you guys are amazing, and I am blessed to have found you all! Don't worry about us, we are not really eating just pb&j, we also have some ramen noodles, lol

seriously though~ we managed to take out a small loan to get us through the next couple of months, we have been much worse in the past, we will survive this too. We are usually prepared for vet bills, but Gummi's just kept piling up with no answers, but I really think we are on the way home, fingers crossed!

Save the fundraisers for the most serious, like Neala's surgery. Believe me if Gumball needs surgery, I am gonna come knocking on your doors, after all you ALL helped raise her:Laugh:

So, yes I am deeply deeply touched that you want to help us, and I sincerely love you all so much for it, but we are going to be okay. All I ask is that you all continue to be the people that I can lean on and share Gummi with.

And yes, with the loan we are getting Robert can have his birthday on time, I am going to order his cake Monday when the paperwork is done, and his party is Tues! By the way, guess what he wants ? His dad is taking him and two of his friends to a hotel in town that has an indoor pool, so they can swim all day, spend the night in a hotel, and order pizza! What an odd kid, lol

My step kids LOVE going to hotels w/ pools! everytime we invite them to a dog show out of town, the first thing they say "can we stay in a hotel w/ a pool!" and the answer always is YES! :) i just love kids!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't even know what to say, you guys are amazing. I honestly do not feel like I deserve all this though.
I didn't think I could cry any more, turns out there are still tears of relief and gratitude left.

susi794

Staff member
Gadzukz, do you have a pay pal account set up? We can send our gifts to you by paypal if you set something up.

Inferno12

Banned
I am working on getting Bronwyns email so we can get the money sent through paypal. It should be soon. Thanks to all of you for stepping up to help! You guys are the best
:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Inferno12

Banned
Ok....I sent the first chunk! I have her email address and you can just go in and click on send money and then click on the personal tab. you can enter her email and the money will be sent to her. She will get a notification from PayPal that she has money. Thanks again for everyones kindness. You guys are amazing :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dawn~ I don't even know what to say, I really don't, I saw the paypal account, and I thought I owed some money, then I realized it said I recieved money, and I just cried, my husband said asked what I was looking at, and I showed him, he is speechless, which is very rare for him! I had not told him about any of these threads. Incredibly, Dawn the amount you sent is the balance still due on Gummi's vet bill. Thank you does not seem adequate, I am humbled by the wonderful people here, and I love you all so much.

Inferno12

Banned
Dawn~ I don't even know what to say, I really don't, I saw the paypal account, and I thought I owed some money, then I realized it said I recieved money, and I just cried, my husband said asked what I was looking at, and I showed him, he is speechless, which is very rare for him! I had not told him about any of these threads. Incredibly, Dawn the amount you sent is the balance still due on Gummi's vet bill. Thank you does not seem adequate, I am humbled by the wonderful people here, and I love you all so much.

I just totally cried! Im so glad I could help. It really wasnt that big of a deal until you said it was what you owed the vet. Now you can take her in for her follow up. :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp: Im so glad that I could help you guys. I have been in your situation and someone helped me out and its time for me to repay. I think Karma can be a wonderful thing!!!

Gadzukz,

My son is 10 and often sits with me and looks at pictures of the SL cats and reads with me at times. He really loves our Sphynx and is also a very sensitive soul.

He read with me about your son offering to give up his birthday for Gummi and wanted to cash in his pennies so your son could have a birthday (he thinks pennies are still sooo much money). I told him he is still having a birthday now but my son said he is still cashing in his pennies so your son can buy a toy for Gummi to feel better.

So off to the store tomorrow we will go with a sack full of pennies to cash in!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Gadzukz,

My son is 10 and often sits with me and looks at pictures of the SL cats and reads with me at times. He really loves our Sphynx and is also a very sensitive soul.

He read with me about your son offering to give up his birthday for Gummi and wanted to cash in his pennies so your son could have a birthday (he thinks pennies are still sooo much money). I told him he is still having a birthday now but my son said he is still cashing in his pennies so your son can buy a toy for Gummi to feel better.

Boys are special critters, huh? My son used his christmas money from his grandpa last year to buy a homeless man a tent, he was dead set that he needed to do it, and so he did! we also baked him a small turkey and delivered it with the tent.

Tell your son that Gummi would love a new toy and he is a very special and generous young man. I wish we lived closer, sounds like our boys would have a lot in common.

Boys are special critters, huh? My son used his christmas money from his grandpa last year to buy a homeless man a tent, he was dead set that he needed to do it, and so he did! we also baked him a small turkey and delivered it with the tent.

Tell your son that Gummi would love a new toy and he is a very special and generous young man. I wish we lived closer, sounds like our boys would have a lot in common.

What a wonderful boy you have! When they do things like this it makes a Mom feel so proud! I told him that this made up for him leaving the toilet seat up last night and me half falling in the water in the middle of the night! :LOL::LOL:

It would be nice if we lived closer, I think the boys would definitely have a lot in common beyond their love for wee naked kittens!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I just totally cried! Im so glad I could help. It really wasnt that big of a deal until you said it was what you owed the vet. Now you can take her in for her follow up. :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp: Im so glad that I could help you guys. I have been in your situation and someone helped me out and its time for me to repay. I think Karma can be a wonderful thing!!!

Karma is a wonderful thing!!!:ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz,

That is so sweet of your son!!

I think that is a wonderful birthday party idea!
I'm greatful there are SL members out there to help you out.

Back