Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to purchase Raw food. Suggestions?

MaisyMom

Lairian
I cannot stomach 'fixing' the raw food myself. To those of you that can, you are better than I. lol
Are there online business that are better than others to purchase the raw food? I have one girl with gastic issues and think the switch to raw would help. One company that came up was Darwins Natural pet products. Has anyone ever used them? Any suggestions on others? Could someone who uses a raw diet check out the darwins site and see if it has everything they need? I am not familiar with a raw diet at all.

Thanks for any and all help!!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hope members from your area chime in with tips for the brand raw food. In the Netherlands we have several good brands but that's not helping you:).

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@MaisyMom - in Florida try Raw Feeding Miami. Look for their grinds that are already ground up and apportioned according to the 80-10-10 rule. You still need to add a supplement such as Alnutrin for Meat with Bone because the grinds are not a balanced meal. The supplement is required; not optional.

It's very easy. All it takes is mixing the supplement (which is a powder) in water, then pour this over the ground meat and stir it up so it's well mixed.. Portion it out into small containers and freeze.

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot stomach 'fixing' the raw food myself. To those of you that can, you are better than I. lol
Are there online business that are better than others to purchase the raw food? I have one girl with gastic issues and think the switch to raw would help. One company that came up was Darwins Natural pet products. Has anyone ever used them? Any suggestions on others? Could someone who uses a raw diet check out the darwins site and see if it has everything they need? I am not familiar with a raw diet at all.

Thanks for any and all help!!
Many big pet chains have a raw section you can buy premade thats refrigerated, just call a few and ask, Petsmart I believe is one. A snippet below from their website.

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 5.20.23 AM.png

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good point - I started out with store bought raw food. When I got a second cat the cost became high enough that I decided to learn how to make their food myself. I don't

Just a friendly tip, when you are comparing complete raw diets, complete diets already have water added. So figure 20% of the weight is extra water. Thus, a 1.25 lb package was originally 1 lb of food with .25 lb of added water.

Water is good because it forces them to drink, but it's also free. So when you are calculating the price per pound it makes a difference. For example, I can make 1.25 lb of chicken raw cat food for about $5 (vs $12) and rabbit for about $7 (it's astronomical in stores). It would be less if I were willing to grind the chicken & rabbit myself but I buy it already ground. The point is, you can choose how much to pay or how much effort you put in. Hope this helps.

Last edited: