Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to re-home my 4 year old King and Queen- NYC Tristate Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystique

Lairian
It is sad for me to say this, but I am currently looking to re-home the 2 loves of my life: Queen: Mystique & King: Rithy. I am currently retiring from breeding (they are not neutered yet). I am getting married next month and are moving. Unfortunately my fiance is HIGHLY allergic to them and has been suffering for the last 3 months. I have tired everything to alleviate his issues and I have come to terms, my babies will not be able to live with us. I even rented a second bedroom apartment for them to live in and it still didn't work.

They are the MOST lovable and talkative couple. The 2 cannot live without each other especially Rithy. They bring me so much joy and I want to find a very loving home for the 2 who can give them a lot of attention and care. They do not have any health issues. Rithy is a very special male sphynx with his big blue eyes, perfect diamond mask, and muscular stature. He is a very spoiled male cat who loves to be hugged, held, rubbed, or placed any place he can be close to your heart. He gives lots of love in return. He even knows how to use the toilet to pee only. Mystique takes care of Rithy and seeks to be held or rubbed and can get jealous if Rithy is getting too much attention. She will hop right in between to grab some attention. The 2 will make anyone home filled with love and excitement. They are great around people and children. The rehoming fee is 150.00 per cat.

Present in 2016
image1.jpeg

In 2013 when they first met
image2.JPG

Whomever will adopt my 2 special cats will also have about 2-3 months worth of Blue Buffalo Salmon (dry) food, World's Best Cat litter, the food containers, toys, pillows, clothes and everything that is required to keep them happy. This was such a hard decision. I hope I can find someone to take care and love them as much as I do. Please note, they are to be re-homed together.

image2.JPG image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image7.jpeg image5.jpeg image1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What beautiful babies!!! So sad that they cannot be with you, but I am sure you will find an amazing home they can both go to who will continue to spoil them and love on them. They look like such a special pair!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So sorry to hear you have to rehome your babies. They're beautiful and look really adorable. I'm sure somebody will chime in who wants to adopt them.
A big hug for you cause this must break your heart.

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Your sphynx pair is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I knew someone in my area that was currently in the process of adopting. They sound like a very lovable pair! I wish I could help you out- I will keep my ears open!

Jen

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Mystique . All paws crossed for Mystique and Rithy -
They are heart warming together
(((hugs))) to you for this heartfelt decision -

Find comfort that this is a wonderful community of sphynx lovers
That will definitely be sending prayers for the purrfect forever home

I adopted two bothers bonded like yours and they have "two mums" we say and keep in touch to this day

Prayers for the same for Mystique and Rithy -
Please give them had smooches from me -

Will spread the word about your babies

Mystique

Lairian
Your sphynx pair is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I knew someone in my area that was currently in the process of adopting. They sound like a very lovable pair! I wish I could help you out- I will keep my ears open!

Jen
Thank you Jen!

Mystique

Lairian
@Mystique . All paws crossed for Mystique and Rithy -
They are heart warming together
(((hugs))) to you for this heartfelt decision -

Find comfort that this is a wonderful community of sphynx lovers
That will definitely be sending prayers for the purrfect forever home

I adopted two bothers bonded like yours and they have "two mums" we say and keep in touch to this day

Prayers for the same for Mystique and Rithy -
Please give them had smooches from me -

Will spread the word about your babies
Thank you. Reading this makes me wanna cry from joy. I'm really glad there are other Sphynx lovers out there that understand the care and love I have for mine. I spent the last 2 hrs with my babies holding them giving them lots of kisses even though they are so heavy now. Not like when they fit in my palm. The sound of there purrs, the relentless kisses,
and rubbing of there heads against my face was an epic feeling.

RaineyWednesday

Lairian
I am! Please PM me and we can talk further. Do include a brief background of yourself and household as I see you are a new member as of today.
Thank you. Reading this makes me wanna cry from joy. I'm really glad there are other Sphynx lovers out there that understand the care and love I have for mine. I spent the last 2 hrs with my babies holding them giving them lots of kisses even though they are so heavy now. Not like when they fit in my palm. The sound of there purrs, the relentless kisses,
and rubbing of there heads against my face was an epic feeling.
I would love to have your babies..but I live in Lucedale, Mississippi which is very far away from you it would be a very long drive for either of us.

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I live in the area. I will let you know if I come across someone who is interested. Unfortunately, I am awaiting the arrival of a new kitten and cannot take in more cats. Best of luck!

andylachelle

Lairian
Hello :) my name is Andrea and my family would love to be considered as a potential adopter for your sweet babies. I am a stay at home mom, my husband is an active duty soldier stationed at Fort Dix, NJ. We have two boys Hayden 13 and Wyatt 15 months. We have two dogs and English mastiff named Syrian sweet little pomeranian mix named Riley. I have never owned a sphynx but I have am well educated on how to care for the breed

Bellawood

Lairian
Hi there...would love to know how your babies are around dogs. I just lost my 6 month old sphynx kitten to presumed FIP and we are devastated. Looking to get another, was looking for a kitten, but would consider adoption in the right circumstances. I have a 5 year old border collie who was fine with Stella (they mostly ignored each other, once Casey figured out Stella ruled the roost:). I also have an 8 year old and twin 6 year old girls. We live in Massachusetts. PM me if you think it could be a match.

Mystique

Lairian
Hi- I am so sorry to hear this. It is so sad to know this has happened to your new Sphynx. Hopefully you were able to get your money back. As a former breeder myself, it is terrible to know someone would sell such a kitten or even breed knowing it is sick. When you have a chance, can you message me your number and we can talk in further?

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi- I am so sorry to hear this. It is so sad to know this has happened to your new Sphynx. Hopefully you were able to get your money back. As a former breeder myself, it is terrible to know someone would sell such a kitten or even breed knowing it is sick. When you have a chance, can you message me your number and we can talk in further?
@Mystique thank you, I will let Bellawood know that you want to talk to her further. :)

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Mystique I let her know and I'm waiting to hear from her. This would be wonderful as she is so heartbroken after losing her kitten and her three daughters are afraid to get a new kitten because they fear it "leaving" so soon. :(

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Mystique I let her know and I'm waiting to hear from her. This would be wonderful as she is so heartbroken after losing her kitten and her three daughters are afraid to get a new kitten because they fear it "leaving" so soon. :(

Matt P

Lairian
It is sad for me to say this, but I am currently looking to re-home the 2 loves of my life: Queen: Mystique & King: Rithy. I am currently retiring from breeding (they are not neutered yet). I am getting married next month and are moving. Unfortunately my fiance is HIGHLY allergic to them and has been suffering for the last 3 months. I have tired everything to alleviate his issues and I have come to terms, my babies will not be able to live with us. I even rented a second bedroom apartment for them to live in and it still didn't work.

They are the MOST lovable and talkative couple. The 2 cannot live without each other especially Rithy. They bring me so much joy and I want to find a very loving home for the 2 who can give them a lot of attention and care. They do not have any health issues. Rithy is a very special male sphynx with his big blue eyes, perfect diamond mask, and muscular stature. He is a very spoiled male cat who loves to be hugged, held, rubbed, or placed any place he can be close to your heart. He gives lots of love in return. He even knows how to use the toilet to pee only. Mystique takes care of Rithy and seeks to be held or rubbed and can get jealous if Rithy is getting too much attention. She will hop right in between to grab some attention. The 2 will make anyone home filled with love and excitement. They are great around people and children. The rehoming fee is 150.00 per cat.

Present in 2016 View attachment 66697

In 2013 when they first met View attachment 66698

Whomever will adopt my 2 special cats will also have about 2-3 months worth of Blue Buffalo Salmon (dry) food, World's Best Cat litter, the food containers, toys, pillows, clothes and everything that is required to keep them happy. This was such a hard decision. I hope I can find someone to take care and love them as much as I do. Please note, they are to be re-homed together.

View attachment 66698 View attachment 66692 View attachment 66693 View attachment 66694 View attachment 66695 View attachment 66696 View attachment 66697
Are you still looking for a home for Mystique and Rithy? I live in NY and am looking to adopt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back