Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to rescue a Sphinx

Shirleyjsanchez

Lairian
I absolutely love all animals, unfortunately my boyfriend has an allergy to cats, so a Sphinx would be perfect for our needs. We have no other pets, so our home if filled with much love to give. Praying to find a good fit as I only believe in adopting. I live in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY & can travel within reason.

Sheldon13

Staff member
They do come up for adoption from time to time. You have to stay vigilant checking all the websites daily.

That being said, Sphynx are not truly hypoallergenic. They can be less so because they are bathed regularly, but most people are allergic to a protein in the saliva, not the dander.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Shirleyjsanchez

Lairian
They do come up for adoption from time to time. You have to stay vigilant checking all the websites daily.

That being said, Sphynx are not truly hypoallergenic. They can be less so because they are bathed regularly, but most people are allergic to a protein in the saliva, not the dander.

Thank you for your speedy response- my boyfriend doesn’t live with me & im good about cleaning my home religiously so his allergies shouldn’t be a problem. (Plus I honestly think his immune system will build up a tolerance being exposed), then, hopefully, we’ll be able to adopt more kitties.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I would recommend you request from someone near you that he go meet their Sphynx and see if there is a reaction. You can join FB groups and ask if there is anyone near you.

Back