Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

looking to rescue/adopt a sphynx

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello my name is millie :)
and ive always wanted a sphynx cat.

a little about myself
I live in California, im young, only 20 years of age :). I work at a animal shelter, and a certifide vet assistant, im also currently taking classes to become a Vet Tech. For years ive been wanting a Sphynx, but of course i lived with my parents who are stricted and would never allow me to have any type of cat. About a year ago i started volunteering at the local animal shelter. I worked almost always with the cats, and oh how my heart ached for one. To see them come and go was heart breaking and it just made me want a Sphynx even more. I now work at the shelter that i volunteered for, and because so i knew i wanted to rescue and Sphynx alot more than to purchase one from a breeder.

So i recently moved out, and the people i live with now are more than happy to let me have a Sphynx.

What im looking for
- I dont mind the sex of the cat, male or female doesnt matter.
- Spayed or Neutered i loved that, but i wouldnt mind if they werent id just spay/neut them myself.
- the Age, from kittens - 4yrs of age. (i may consider even older)
- color- i could care less
- personality- must have a great, affectionate, kind, sweet, loving personality.
- distance- I live in south california, im willing to travel a distance to pick up cat, up to 300 or so miles.
- Price- up to $400

I know breeders are up to $1000 and so, if you can accept monthly payments, that would be great!

So please consider me for adopting.

Bella07

Banned
Welcome to Sphynx Lair! Keep your eye out on breeders websites for retired breeders, and keep your eye on Craigslist, Hoobly, and the Sphynx Lair adoption board. Best of Luck in your search!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome, Millie, to Sphynx Lair! Not all that long ago (okay, two years ago), I was in your shoes...wanting a sphynx cat really bad but having no idea where to even begin finding one. Not even a month later, I found my first sphynx cat Piglet through a rescue group and have been in love with this breed ever since! Piglet and my new sphynx Peppe (formerly Amo) have both brought so much love and joy into my life, it's now hard to imagine what my life was like before I had sphynx.

As for finding your sphynx soulmate, your best bet is to keep checking this section of the Sphynx Lair site....our members here are always posting ads from craigslist, hobbly, petfinders, etc. advertising sphynx cats who need new homes. Most adult sphynx cats needing rehoming are usually around $400, which is in your price range. Do consider adopting an older sphynx....my Piglet is 10 years old (she was 8 years old when I adopted her), but you would never know it as she is so lively, playful, energetic, and full of personality (sphynx cats are known for their longevity). Good luck to you and do keep us posted on your progress.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Let me ask Wrinkles breeder if she has any older cats.
She lives in San Diego.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Let me ask Wrinkles breeder if she has any older cats.
She lives in San Diego.

Mews2Much is right; that's another avenue....checking with your local sphynx breeders for any retired adult sphynx cats they are looking to rehome. I'm sure M2M can PM you some suggestions on the good breeders in your area. :BigSmile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Let me know if you want me to forward your post to Wrinkles breeder.
If not her maybe she knows someone.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. I wish you the best of luck in your search. Hopefully it won't take long for you to find the the Sphynx.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair Millie! Best of luck in your sphynx search, it may take time but will happen!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They both say pending though.
But sometimes they have more they have more that come in.
I met the people from puerbred rescue at a cat show before and they were nice.
You do have to meet them in person if you adopt from them and they are strict.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Marna from this site adopted 2 sphynx from there and I got to meet her.
I held Ladybird and Marna met my sphynx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back