Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looks like these cats are in need

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Dont know what to think.......scam or real? I have emailed them. We will see.

Inferno12

Banned
Looks like a scam to me.

1st there is a female name with the line...To get him send email directly to"
2nd if they are just rehoming their cats because they are moving then why are only kittens available?
3rd $2000 but they are going to give them away for free?
4th Why the testimonials section? If they are just rehoming the cats why a testimonials section? Plus, its blank???

Is it just me or does this site not add up?

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Looks like a scam to me.

1st there is a female name with the line...To get him send email directly to"
2nd if they are just rehoming their cats because they are moving then why are only kittens available?
3rd $2000 but they are going to give them away for free?
4th Why the testimonials section? If they are just rehoming the cats why a testimonials section? Plus, its blank???

Is it just me or does this site not add up?

Agreed...so I have emailed them to see what they say. I mean it says they are nuns so I am hoping its not you know? But you never know..... I will keep you guys posted.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Normaly we do not allow links to breeder sites for alot of reasons. we will leave this one because it has scam written all over it. Please let us know what responses you all get from your emails. If it is a breeder this link will be removed. We do not want bashing of any breeder but if this is a scam by all means guys go for it bash away:ThumbsUp:

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok so this is the email I recieved this morning:

Hello, thanks for contacting.
they are all still still available and will be a perfect companion for you.Well lets just give you all the details and how it will work out. just want to let you know about all of them in general.We do not know if you can be able to come and see them..but there is no problem if you are located in Texas, we are willing to ship there if you are unable to come for pick up. You wont have any problem with that as there can be a home delivery, that is you want it.
We will like to tell you a little about them and how the whole process will work for you to get any of them.the kittens are well trained . They have all their shots, they are very friendly, good with kids and other pets.They are not altered, meaning the females are not spayed and the males not neutered.They are in and out door trained .They are perfect in health and will have no health issue as long as you handle them well when it comes to their health. They are just the perfect companion you are looking for. We give them out with a hand manual guide how to cater for Sphynx there you will see the kind of food which they eat and how many times you have to bath them and other things.
Well we are giving them out because we will be moving out to Hawaii for a transfer and we cannot take them along, so it is the reason why we are giving them for free. our main concern is not money but a home for them where they will be loved and taken care of with lots of attention.
We are located in Wyandotte,Michigan and it will take 3 hours flight to get one shipped to you. All you will have to do is pay just the transportation fee. To ship Yerima to you, it will cost $250 if you want 2 it can be shipped for $400 .So if you are ready, i can send you the kittens today. So if you are okay, to make the reservation, i will need your full names and address and name of airport closest to you where she will be shipped to, as soon as i get that, i will let you know how to send payment.If you will prefer to pay the transportation company directly,we can make a reservation,drop off the kitten there and the airport will contact you and let you know how to pay them.
If there is anything else you will like to know, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks.

Hmmmmmm.............makes me wonder!

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am pretty sure that Baptists don't have nuns. Whatever the deal, they are cute kittens.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The details of what they are saying about their kitties are very inconsistent and the price is way too good to be true. This smells like a scam to me, too.

SphynxLvr

Lairian
Seems like a scam to me also. It says you can see them if you live in texas, but then says that they are in Michigan. That is sad people do that. Hopefully those are not their kittens, imagine how they must be treating them. :Cry: It makes me mad that they do stuff like that :Angry:

Shauntay

Banned
This person is a suspected scammer. They have stolen pictures of reputable catteries, claiming kittens as their own.

Bella07

Banned
S-C-A-M. :Angry: I always wonder about who the other person on the other side of the scam is. How can they not feel guilty for trying to steal people's money? I don't get it.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I e-mailed just out of curiosity. They replied and did not answer any of my questions. They replied:

Sherlene Sphynx to me

Hello, thanks for contacting. All of our kittens are still available and we are seriously looking for them a home where they will be well taken care of. Where are you located and which of them are you interested in ? baldcats.tk
waiting to read from you.
Thanks.

Dad-Gum Scammers.:Angry:

rikkuyuna

Lairian
This is definately a scam. They said they are only wanting a good home for them. Yet they are saying ill get them sent to you today! I was almost victim to so many scams when trying to find my baby. And they all sounded JUST like this email! X

beeblebrox

Lairian
This is a scam. They stole some of my pictures of hoobly about a year ago as well as pictures from other breeders and are trying to sell them. They say the kittens are free or cheap and then they get you on shipping and medical expenses. The ads are all over the place to0. Search for "free sphynx" and you can find them... the just report/flag the ad. Poor grammar and punctuation is usually present in the ad.

I had a girl contact me after she got ripped off because she was smart enough to do an image name search on the photo of the website. She lost $2000.00.

All breeders need to watermark their photos... actually everyone should if posting their photos in the public domain.

Thanks for talking about this stuff. You pet owners are the best!

nbates76

Lairian
It is def a scam...I am just starting my search for a Sphynx & replied to their post on oodle.com & received the same email response back as you. My boyfriend was suspicious so we started searching around the website & they have the same exact posting under several cities & I also found a posting from a person who is no longer a breeder & they stated that the pictures of the kittens were stolen off their website before it was closed. How sad,should have known it was too good to be true! It made me nervous to think that they didn't even want to talk to me before they sent me their babies,when I adopted my boxer we not only had to be approved by him but also his current owners as well.:BigSmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back