Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

lost a tooth!

streakin

Lairian
So, I was just sitting here, giving Xerxes a belly rub, all of a sudden he sat up real quick and started licking his lips, or doing that thing where he's trying to get something out of his mouth. I thought, "hmm that's weird, I don't see anything?" He layed back down, then I noticed something on the couch that looked like one of his claws had come out...but after closer inspection, it's a TOOTH! I know cats lose their baby teeth but I had never actually witnessed it, too cool! I wonder what the tooth fairy will bring him? a new feather wand perhaps?
Here's a pic..it's so small!

Attachments

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
that is so cool!! do you know what tooth it was?

streakin

Lairian
It's strange, I went peeking around in his mouth, and it looks like there's 2 canine teeth right together on one side, and the other side only has one. I never noticed that before, I thought one just fell out and there was a hole until the next one came in, it actually looks like the bigger tooth had already grown in some and this one plopped out. I googled kitten teeth and this is the closest to what his teeth look like on one side, and on the other side there is just 1 canine now. My little boy is growing up :tinysmile_cry_t4:

Attachments

Moonstone

Lairian
My female Amarena (a chinese crested dog) had the same tooth problem.

She had the baby tooth + the adult ones !

I thought it will stay like this because it stand for a while without any changes, but one day I opened her mouth and the baby tooth were gone...

:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's just so cool in a weird kinda way. I didn't even know animals lost their baby teeth. :tinysmile_aha_t: