Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lost my baby boo 12/20/19

Mickey Toulouse

Lairian
Hello everyone, I made a post a while ago worried about how to get my two babies to get along over Christmas.. and unfortunately it was a problem I still wish I could of had when I eventually came home to Utah with Toulouse.. I was not planning on boo not being there at all, and I feel so guilty and upset that I was worried about that for so long.. and how I was going to make it work, when something so sudden and drastic happened and he wasn’t there when I came home, and he wasn’t there to wear the matching sweaters my mom got for boo, Toulouse, and my sweet 13 year old dog cash. It was extremely heart breaking, and so very sudden.

I’ve been putting off making this post and updating everyone that has been so helpful to me. I can’t even read my original post because I know it will make me too upset..

I lost my baby boy a day before I came home to Utah for Christmas. I missed him by just one day. My mom called me and told me the news that he passed the day I flew home, that he actually passed the day before and she was keeping it from me cause she didn’t know how to tell me. It was very sudden.. she called me a few days before I was going to fly home that he had a fever and was very lethargic and couldn’t make it up the stairs or in his litter box, so she took him to the hospital, not knowing she wouldn’t be getting him back. I thought he had a chance and would still be there when I got home. The doctors tried absolutely everything and was gone within 24 hours of her taking him to the hospital. They couldn’t ever figure out what was wrong, we sent him to a university in Colorado so they could try and figure out what was wrong. We are just now getting some information back that he had an enlarged heart and multiple other problems that we weren’t aware of and was never caught or diagnosed by any vet. I really wish I had more closure since it was all so sudden and I just can’t even understand it. I am still completely heart broken, I only had one good year with my baby boy that I raised on my own when we found him at a gas station at 3 weeks old. This Christmas was extremely hard for
Me and my family, especially having to open his presents with him not there. I am however grateful that my new baby Toulouse got to at least meet his big brother once, even though it didn’t go so well.. that was the last time I saw boo and it breaks my heart I never got to say goodbye to him and to think the last time I saw him he was mad at me for bringing another cat into his house. Boo was the sweetest angel, and Had lots of love from everyone. Even people who didn’t like cats liked him, he was something special and it devastates me that his life was cut so short.

I had him cremated, we just recently got his remains and my mom is keeping him somewhere in the house in Utah, we just don’t know what to do with him. If anyone has any creative ideas or ways that I can use his ashes please share. I was thinking of getting some sort of jewelry piece I just don’t even know where to start.

I know Toulouse came to me at the right time, and I am beyond grateful he was able
To get me and my family through this loss and distract us by being there through it all. I don’t know how we would of managed being in the house over Christmas without a new baby to distract us and be there for us to love. But of course I still can’t help but think boo hated me for it, and that he felt replaced, or that the stress of meeting him a month before brought on some more problems for him. I have never experienced or felt this kind of pain from a loss before, but it’s good to be able to share with others that may have gone through something similar.

Sorry for the long lengthy post, I haven’t been able to talk about it at all.. but I know time will heal and sharing experience with others helps the grief process. Especially now that all I can think of is that I could loose Toulouse at any second like I lost boo so suddenly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Mickey Toulouse ((((squeeze hugs )))) I am so so sorry your sweet handsome Boo got his angel wings.
Boo was blessed with you saving him at a young 3 weeks old. He knew love because of you and your family. Hold those precious moments closest to heart.
Fly High sweet Boo

"Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.”
- from poem for cats

1580776519661.png

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Mickey Toulouse , here for you...
your idea of a special tribute jewelry piece is a special way to honor Boo.
(((hugs)))

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
As I said in my other post, the sadness of his loss reaches this house. I am praying for you both.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So very sorry for the sudden loss of your beloved Boo. What a handsome boy he was. Keep the good memories of him close to your heart and cuddle a lot with Toulouse

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm so sorry for your loss of Boo. You have my deepest sympathies, it's so very hard to loose them so suddenly. :  (