Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Love my sphynx!

Essiemysphynx

Lairian
Hi everyone! Love looking at everyone's babies. My girl is the best. She is my first Sphynx and won't be the last if something ever happens to her (never want this to happen). Her name is Esmeralda we call her Essie for short. Recently she had a scratch on her eye. We got meds for it and it cleared. Today I woke up and she is scratching it a lot with her paw and its swollen. Looks like there could be green or yellow discharge. Any ideas?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Essiemysphynx and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! Yellow or green discharge usually means infection. I think a vet visit is needed. Please enjoy our wonderful sphynx community! :)

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair @Essiemysphynx. I would definitely get to the vet to have it looked at. Could be another scratch/ulcer or a URI. They will probably do a stain test to the eye to look for a scratch first. Expect an antibiotic and drops or ointment. I prefer ointment as they seem to not shake them out as easily. Please update us. Eye issues if an ulcer can be serious so I would get to vet ASAP. Positive vibes are sent your way. Hoping to see a pic of your girl soon.

Patti

Essiemysphynx

Lairian
Thank you everyone. I do have drops I am putting in that were left over from the last scratch. Going to be calling the vet. Here is a new picture I took a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 52

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Pretty little lady. I agree, a Vet visit, asap.
Pleas keep us updated.

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is gorgeous! What a pretty face!
Agreed on a vet visit. Hope she heals up quickly so you can concentrate on taking us lots more pictures!;)

BlueJune

Lairian
Beautiful Sphynx! I love the tuxedo markings. I hope that her eye clears up quickly, maybe some L-Lysine supplement would help? Also keeping the eye clean and the dreaded cone of shame to keep her from irritating it more while it heals.

Essiemysphynx

Lairian
Hello everyone! Thanks for all the great advice. I haven't been on here in awhile. In the meantime my christmas present was a sphynx baby boy. I picked him up on Jan 21! He is wonderful. So different from my bossy girl. I will post some pics of them.

Also responding about Essie's ear. This was caused from her mother overcleaning her when she was a kitten. She was the only one in the litter. She is definitely unique! Thanks again all!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Also responding about Essie's ear. This was caused from her mother overcleaning her when she was a kitten. She was the only one in the litter. She is definitely unique! Thanks again all!

Mine has a little tuft of hair shooting out randomly. Everyone keeps suggesting I shave it off but I say hella no! It makes her unique and also I like to give kisses there. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk