Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Love to Roobas ❤️

RoobasMommy

Lairian
10 years ago I was randomly browsing craigslist when found I found an ad for a 2 year old Sphynx cat named “Armani” that I emailed immediately to see if he was still available. I was 18 years old, and lived with my boyfriend - Asked him if I could get him, he agreed if he could name him. The people responded saying they would meet me that night. I had just got off work and we barely had the $200 adoption fee but I had already gotten excited. We drove an hour to the ferry, walked on and 30mins later met the family at the gate, talked briefly and then walked right back on to the same ferry to head home. Roobas was beautiful. I felt like I was glowing because I was so in love. When we got him home, we left him out of the cat carrier and he literally did a walk around our very small space and hopped up on the couch and rolled over to offer his belly. He was instantly ours. I knew then he was one of the best decisions I would make.

In these past 10 years we have shared with him, we have moved several times, had cats in and out of our home between fostering and trying to grow our cat family based on his liking and ruling, we got married, we raised a fur cat from birth with Roobas teaching him cat life, we went through multiple furniture from Roobas taking out his frustration by peeing on couches, we bought more Sphynx, we bred Sphynx, we bought a house, my husband found his dream job, we have had two children... His life was a huge part of our life, the decisions we made, how it shaped us as people and parents.

Today, we said our goodbyes. Approximately 12 years young, suddenly being taken away from us by heart disease/failure. Roobas we love you so much and we miss you so much. I feel blindsided by this sudden loss, and I wish there was something we could have done to make you stay with us comfortably for much much longer.

It’s been an emotional and long day for my husband and I - Being our first night without him, I just needed to pour my heart out to people that may understand my hurt.

Attachments

• D6D07746-F7F7-4A27-8D1E-370DFDC1C162.jpeg
    D6D07746-F7F7-4A27-8D1E-370DFDC1C162.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 41
  • ECEA9AC2-1ED9-4BE3-9ECE-9F694FF2B9C0.jpeg
    ECEA9AC2-1ED9-4BE3-9ECE-9F694FF2B9C0.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 40
  • EFD57237-80A2-4376-A17C-4A82ABB9CD1A.jpeg
    EFD57237-80A2-4376-A17C-4A82ABB9CD1A.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 2E74CF97-1F36-46BA-8C3D-298B773B9F7E.jpeg
    2E74CF97-1F36-46BA-8C3D-298B773B9F7E.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 147680BB-BE84-4520-BEE0-2C62B59DB1F4.jpeg
    147680BB-BE84-4520-BEE0-2C62B59DB1F4.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 35
  • F2DA9566-DC72-48FD-B658-5B17CCBC3C46.jpeg
    F2DA9566-DC72-48FD-B658-5B17CCBC3C46.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 39

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My heart breaks for you. I'm very sorry for the loss of Roobas. Roobas was so loved by you, being a true members of your family. Keep the memories of him close to your heart.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am so sorry your baby got his wings. Fly high little one. I’m all choked up after reading your beautiful memories of your boy. He will forever be in your heart. Just try to keep the best memories in your heart during this hard time. Hugs are sent.

305583c92eca74a7976210bfb698e777.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@RoobasMommy (((((squeeze hugs))))) to you your husband and family. So so sorry your sweet friend Roobas got his angel wings . Your journey of love for handsome sweet Roobas leaps off the page .
Roobas only knew your love . Fly high sweet boy ... you touched hearts forever with a love beyond words .

“Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever. "
15579015-85EF-4C13-9AF6-E76BB74C3A16.jpeg
F047BBBD-05B2-417A-82FA-47363F3967EC.jpeg
C72077F0-2358-4D94-AAF5-96534E8B6C92.jpeg

Sheldon13

Staff member
My condolences. He looks like a very sweet boy. Sounds like he had a wonderful life with you, full of love and affection. That’s all a kitty ever asks for really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm very sorry for your loss. We go through so much and these little guys are always there for us. It's really hard to lose them so I can really sympathize. Remember that you gave him a wonderful life back, and I'm sure he knew how much you cared for him.

hcraft

Lairian
10 years ago I was randomly browsing craigslist when found I found an ad for a 2 year old Sphynx cat named “Armani” that I emailed immediately to see if he was still available. I was 18 years old, and lived with my boyfriend - Asked him if I could get him, he agreed if he could name him. The people responded saying they would meet me that night. I had just got off work and we barely had the $200 adoption fee but I had already gotten excited. We drove an hour to the ferry, walked on and 30mins later met the family at the gate, talked briefly and then walked right back on to the same ferry to head home. Roobas was beautiful. I felt like I was glowing because I was so in love. When we got him home, we left him out of the cat carrier and he literally did a walk around our very small space and hopped up on the couch and rolled over to offer his belly. He was instantly ours. I knew then he was one of the best decisions I would make.

In these past 10 years we have shared with him, we have moved several times, had cats in and out of our home between fostering and trying to grow our cat family based on his liking and ruling, we got married, we raised a fur cat from birth with Roobas teaching him cat life, we went through multiple furniture from Roobas taking out his frustration by peeing on couches, we bought more Sphynx, we bred Sphynx, we bought a house, my husband found his dream job, we have had two children... His life was a huge part of our life, the decisions we made, how it shaped us as people and parents.

Today, we said our goodbyes. Approximately 12 years young, suddenly being taken away from us by heart disease/failure. Roobas we love you so much and we miss you so much. I feel blindsided by this sudden loss, and I wish there was something we could have done to make you stay with us comfortably for much much longer.

It’s been an emotional and long day for my husband and I - Being our first night without him, I just needed to pour my heart out to people that may understand my hurt.
So sorry for your loss. ❤️

Susie S

Lairian
It's so hard to bury your fur child. I had to put my baby Bambino girl, Peach, who was 10 weeks of age, to sleep this morning, at 1:16am. Eventhough she stayed with us for a brief time, she gave us so much joy, laughter, and so full of love. Nobody is going to replace Peach.

Susie S

Lairian
Oh my goodness that's such sad news. I cant even imagine. What happened with Peach ? Lots of hugs x
She was with us for 3 weeks, bundle of joy, brought us so much laughs, and so much love. Until yesterday, she was struggling to breath, she was liberally gasping for air. I had to rush her to the 24 hrs emergency vet, at 8pm. They did the vital testings, and many bad news were against the good news. She lost control of her bathroom, her oxygen was VERY low, and she was breathing very hard. The doctor said she had a bad heart, and also hernia due to the hole from her diagraham - all the stomach and intestines were pushing against her lungs/heart, making it harder for her to breath. The doctor warned us that if she was to put in observation overnight, there were a high chance that she will die there.
The doctor also mentioned that if we have her fixed, there will be a lifetime for Peach to have health issues.
Thats when we had no choice but to put her to sleep.

Uksphynxmum

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You took guidance from the vet and put Peach first. It's hard to imagine. It was hard enough with Rizzy who was 12. They told me he probably wouldn't last the night and was struggling to breathe and turning blue due to his heart. I decided to trust my vet that it would end his suffering to give him the injection. You must be in shock bless you. Look after yourself xx

Susie S

Lairian
You took guidance from the vet and put Peach first. It's hard to imagine. It was hard enough with Rizzy who was 12. They told me he probably wouldn't last the night and was struggling to breathe and turning blue due to his heart. I decided to trust my vet that it would end his suffering to give him the injection. You must be in shock bless you. Look after yourself xx
Yes, I am in shock. It happened in few hours, we were totally unprepared.

RoobasMommy

Lairian
It's so hard to bury your fur child. I had to put my baby Bambino girl, Peach, who was 10 weeks of age, to sleep this morning, at 1:16am. Eventhough she stayed with us for a brief time, she gave us so much joy, laughter, and so full of love. Nobody is going to replace Peach.
So sorry for your loss! ❤️

Back