Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lulu Delivers!

susi794

Staff member
Lulu finally had her kits last night. Here's a preview:

A few more posted in an album called Lulu's Litter.

Please pray that I am just not going to helplessly watch all 6 of these sweet little angels die and that they will each live a long and happy life.
Much love,
Susi and the gang

susi794

Staff member
Thanks. Lulu doesn't really want much to do with them--she will go in the basinette if I stay right there, with my hand inside, petting her and cooing at her--then if they latch on, all is well. But if any of the kits start crying--she jumps out. Anybody have any ideas?

susi794

Staff member
Congrats Susi:Celebrate:....they look beautiful.....keeping my fingers crossed that all go well with this litter....let's hope that this will be the turn around of your bad luck :Smile:

I pray that you're right...if Lulu would just get in there with them.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. Lulu doesn't really want much to do with them--she will go in the basinette if I stay right there, with my hand inside, petting her and cooing at her--then if they latch on, all is well. But if any of the kits start crying--she jumps out. Anybody have any ideas?

Athena was doing that with the litter she has now for like the first day and a half. I keep them in the spare room and she likes to be in the closet on the floor with them and I put a heating pad and a extra heater in with them, the first day and night Athena was very restless so I slept in there on the floor with the top half of me in the closet with them, this made her very happy and she did not move. Because of her acting like that I kept thinking their was A kitten that did not come out, but by the second day she was fine. If she keeps up I would get A quick exray to make sure there is nothing left.
We are rooting for these little ones! Please let them all do well!

susi794

Staff member
Thanks, I just moved her to the bathroom and turned the heat up in the house. Will go in there frequently and spend time with them--hopefully that will stop. I'm pretty sure there aren't any other kittens unborn--but will keep a close eye just in case--but she doesn't act like there's anything wrong with her--just wants to be sitting on the heat register instead of the heated throw in the basinette--maybe she just doesn't like the basinette.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh Susi, they are beautiful. Big Congrats to Lulu for doing such a great job. I am sure she will come around and be a great mom...and remember they have a great surrogate mom!! YOU! All the best vibes in the world coming your way.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
All those cute dark babies! She is young and maybe needs some extra time for the maternal instinct to kick in. I am glad it happened on the holiday weekend for you so you can be home. Please keep us updated and hang in there Mommy!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on the kittens.
Prayers they will be ok.
My Meeko refused to nurse Yoshi had first.
I kept putting him on her.
My Coco was nursing her own kittens at the time and she tried to take Yoshi but Meeko would take him back.
I felt something hard in Meeko and thought there might be another kitten stuck.
It turned out to be constipation.
She did end up nursing her son but she was not a very good mom.
She would bite and smack Cocos kittens if they tried to nurse on her.
Yoshi did end up nursing ong Coco.
She was such a great mom.

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lulu finally had her kits last night. Here's a preview:

A few more posted in an album called Lulu's Litter.

Please pray that I am just not going to helplessly watch all 6 of these sweet little angels die and that they will each live a long and happy life.
Much love,
Susi and the gang

Congrats! I will keep you and all your kitties in my prayers!

Brooke

Banned

Congratulations, grandma!! They're beautiful! Fingers crossed that this is the turning point we've all been wishing and praying for.

Is she doing better with the kits now that you've moved her to the bathroom? If not, do you have a large crate (not a carrier, but like a large dog crate) you could put her in with the babies? Big enough for a litter box and food/water but small enough that she has to stay near them at all times? And of course keep the rest of your cats away from her so she isn't distracted. I'm sure she'll figure out this whole "motherhood thing"!

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats susi they r beautiful & their mom is lovely!!!! I will keep the babies in my prayers! Hope everything is well! XXXXXXXX

Back