Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lump on kittens back

Thinkingofbecki

Lairian
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
hey,
I've just noticed a lump on my kittens back, she had her second lot of jabs on Wednesday, could this be the cause?
It's hard but squishy and doesn't seem to cause any discomfort or pain when we touch or squeeze it. I've uploaded some photos of the lump. Please help, I'm really worried :(
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We see bumps often after vaccinations and it can take a couple of weeks to go down. Were you there when she was vaccinated? If so is it the same location where the shot was administered?

Patti

Thinkingofbecki

Lairian
We see bumps often after vaccinations and it can take a couple of weeks to go down. Were you there when she was vaccinated? If so is it the same location where the shot was administered?

Patti
The jabs were 4 days ago, is it still normal for a lump to appear so many days after? It's slight further down than the jab but not too far?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Give your vet a call. You will feel better. The lump is pretty large. You might be able to email the pics to your vet as well.

Patti

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Looks like a lump my dog once had after he was stung by a wasp. It can also by caused by the vaccination. Sometimes a lump caused by this reasons doesn't go away out of his own and the vet needs to get the fluid out of the lump. So think it's best to call the vet tomorrow to discuss what to do.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
The jabs were 4 days ago, is it still normal for a lump to appear so many days after? It's slight further down than the jab but not too far?
It can sometimes take a week or two, that is a bit large, I would give the vet a call to be safe as @Catzzzmeow and @Toa and Ross had mentioned, I'm sure its nothing if that was the vaccination site. :)

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Molly and Leo had the same type and size of lumps at their injection sites from vaccines. They showed up days after the vaccines. I was super alarmed and took them in to get looked at. The vet confirmed that they were from the vaccines. He said that in cases where there are issues, the vaccine company pays for all related care costs (biopsies, etc). We waited a couple weeks and they went away on their own. Hope it is nothing!

BTW... talk to your vet about injection sites. Many do not give vaccines in that location any longer due to vaccine related sarcomas. IF a sarcoma ever developed, it is a lot easier to treat by amputating a rear leg than trying to do back surgery.

Thinkingofbecki

Lairian
Thanks for all your help everyone :)
We took her to the vets yesterday and she confirmed its just a lump from the jabs so I feel so much better now!
Apparently it will take a few weeks to go down and it's this big because she's a sensitive little kitty!
Atleast I know for future jabs also!

Back