Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lump on throat, swollen chin & mouth?

AndreaM

Lairian
I noticed my sphynx's face looked weird today so looked closer and found a lump on her neck/throat!!! It's round, smooth, size of a large pea, and "moveable" under the skin. Her chin and sides of her mouth are also swollen. I will get her to the vet, but of course today is a Saturday, and I'm not thinking this warrants a trip to the emergency vet.

Any ideas? I'm going to be so worried until I get her into the vet's office. Photos attached showing the swollenness on her chin/corners of her mouth,the lump, and a bad, blurry photo of her normal self (with the red blanket) from a few months ago.

swollen-mouth.jpg Lump.jpg normal-chin.jpg swollen-chin.jpg

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hhhmmm...you will have to let is know what it is.
Healing thoughts sent

AndreaM

Lairian
I forgot to mention, she's also seemed to gain some weight suddenly in the past month, and her sides seem "firmer" -- almost like she's retaining water? So I had planned on a trip to the vet anyway next week. She's also been dealing with what we think is ongoing irritable bowel issues and is on Tylan powder.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
When looking at the pics I thought it could be a pimple under the skin. But after reading your story maybe it's a swollen lymph gland? But I'm no vet so it's only a guess.
Was it winter at your place the last months? My crew tends to gain weight during winter.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Healing vibes sent
Please keep us updated with her vet visit results
Lots of Positve vibes! Amd get well head smooches

Will she let you peek in her mouth at her gums /teeth?
Is she eating and drinking normally?

I have a kitty with IBS too
It's been a journey finding some,thing that works for her now