Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lumps and bumps!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Me..again! I seem to have my bursts of over posting craziness on here! But I was just wondering if like us sphynx cats can get sort or, under the skin boils? On the top of lucifer'so tail, he has the usual blackheads but I've just noticed a small lump in the middle of the top of his tail, he won't keep still long enough for me to take a picture! I was wondering if it's possible, or should I have him checked over? TIA :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
You did a great job trying to take the pic. It does look like a skin issue thankfully and not an injury. Just like pimples on people it can take a good week or so to go down if it is an under the skin pimple. Black/white heads can be popped, but under the skin issues take a while. Personally I would not panic yet. If your baby is not aggravated by it, give it a week and see if it self absorbs. Does it look like under the skin pimple you? This area often has issues.

Patti

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You did a great job trying to take the pic. It does look like a skin issue thankfully and not an injury. Just like pimples on people it can take a good week or so to go down if it is an under the skin pimple. Black/white heads can be popped, but under the skin issues take a while. Personally I would not panic yet. If your baby is not aggravated by it, give it a week and see if it self absorbs. Does it look like under the skin pimple you? This area often has issues.

Patti
Yes I think it looks like a pimple, it's just appeared today, and I know the area is a bugger for clogging up! I will keep it clean and keep my eye on him,mot doesn't seem to be bothering him at all, but nothing ever does haha

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
You can try a hot compress/wash cloth to help draw it out, but as you know hard to get them to stay still...lol. Please keep us updated. Always nice for members to see these things and how to handle them.

Patti

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You can try a hot compress/wash cloth to help draw it out, but as you know hard to get them to stay still...lol. Please keep us updated. Always nice for members to see these things and how to handle them.

Patti
Yes I'll give that a go now he's asleep! Thank you for your help :)

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

Patti
I'm sorry for the sake of being a pain and not writing another post, is it normal for the, to get eye boggies sometimes? As I read up on fip and now I'm paranoid!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Our crew throws eye boogies that are orangey in color every day...lol. The white, yellow, green are the ones to be concerned about. I find boogies on floor and walls and wipe out of eyes every day....lol what color concerns you?

Btw you are not a pain. Many members have the same questions and always nice to feel you are not alone.

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ha ah lovely! I know I just feel like im asking far to many questions haha! Hm Lucifers are an orange brownish colour!

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Glad to read my boy Toa isn't the only one with under the skin pimples! My boy Ross is making fun of the pimples of Toa so now I can tell him it's quit normal;)

Eye boogies everywhere in my house!

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Glad to read my boy Toa isn't the only one with under the skin pimples! My boy Ross is making fun of the pimples of Toa so now I can tell him it's quit normal;)

Eye boogies everywhere in my house!
Oh few! It's nice to know there's other pimple cats out there haha

Back