Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lumps on back

RoxannK

Lairian
Hi there, I'm hoping maybe these are just more defined muscles on the one side... But has anyone else seen lumps along the side of their cat's back? I've added a few photos so please check them out and let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 199

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
No, I can't say, I've ever seen those.
I think, you need, to, take your baby, to
the Vet. Those, are bumps, of some kind.
You need, to, find out what.
Best wishes...

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I do not recall having seen this before. Did they just appear out of the blue?

Last edited:

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Never seen that before... are theyou in both the right and left side? Sometimes vaccines can leave a bump like that afterwards, but it usually goes away.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Are these bumps 'new' on your baby? And are they soft and can you move them or are they hard and solid? I don't know what it can be. Think best is to go to the vet to ask what it is.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@RoxannK hello, previous posts already asked all the questions I'd ask, so waiting for your reply. I too agree that a vet should check it out.

Wishing you the best and please update us as we will be looking for answers as well.

RoxannK

Lairian
We went to the vet yesterday and our girl had a needle aspiration done and tested the cells the acquired. She has spindle cells, which are malignant. It is caused by her vaccine she got in August. So yep, my sweet, darling Sphynxy has cancer. She is getting it removed next week and we will know more once they remove the tumors. I just can't believe this. We did what we were legally and contract obligated to do and this is what happened! Our precious girl isn't even 2!

Ask your vet to order adjuvant vaccines that don't cause cancer! Lesson learned unfortunately.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am so sorry so see this. Thank you for updating and sharing your information. I will be looking for updates and sending Lair Prayers your way. Remain positive and know we are always here for you and your girl. Feel free to share what vaccinations were given etc. Remind vet not to use ketamine as anesthesia.

Patti

Sheldon13

Staff member
I too would like to know about the offending vaccine. Did you have a full blood panel done? It seems you noticed quite early and ate getting everything taken care of quickly but I'm curious to know if anything was revealed in her full work up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@RoxannK this is so sad to read. I hope and pray that surgery can catch it all. I didn't know about the vaccine brand name you mentioned about not causing cancer, but I did know to have vaccines injected into rear leg just in case this happens, an amputation could be an option.

My heart goes out to you and it angers me to know that this can happen all because you are doing what you are supposed to do.

Hugs.

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this news. Rosie is almost 2 and I can't imagine hearing that news about her. I hope you've caught it early enough and things turn out well. Please please let us know how the surgery goes

Back