Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Luna is getting her echo today

skinandbones

Lairian
Well... its not good news.

But its not terrible news.

As of right now Luna is suspicious for HCM. She is just slightly thickened in a couple of her heart wall.

I have to take her back in 6 months to check to see how it is progressing...

So tomorrow i will call and schedule her spay so that we can have that out of the way.

sigh....

Brooke

Banned

As of right now Luna is suspicious for HCM. She is just slightly thickened in a couple of her heart wall.

So tomorrow i will call and schedule her spay so that we can have that out of the way.

sigh....

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. My Nelson is also on the "wait and see" list. He was noted Equivocal for HCM back in November when he had his scan due to enlarged papillary muscles. He has to go back in May for a re-scan, so I know how you're feeling...:Sad: (Sad, but hopeful for better news in 6 months?)

Keeping fingers crossed for you and Luna. And yes, as Mews2Much said, make sure your vet doesn't use Ketamine for her spay. Nelson just had surgery and was sedated with iso/sevo gas and did perfectly fine!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so sorry to hear this news:Cry: I hope everything turns out ok in 6 months! Ill keep you and luna in my prayers!

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry You didn't get great news, but glad to hear it wasn't the worst...will say a little prayer for you & Luna!

susi794

Staff member
Hoping that in 6 mos. Luna will be cleared. Until then I will be remembering you both in my prayers. Good luck on the spay!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry to hear the not so great news. The best part is that you're a responsible and proactive owner that got her checked! :ThumbsUp: Hoping for the best in 6 months.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

sigh....

What a shame for her. Hope the next 6 months are positive :Smile:

Back