Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lykoi cats?

Newtonekkids

Lairian
Since I’m waiting ever so patiently for my Sphynx baby to be born the husband and I have been talking cats and he’s mentioned he’s wanted a lykoi since the first time he heard of them. I got looking into them and since they’re such a new breed there’s not a whole lot of info I can find. I know they have nothing to do with Sphynx and they molt, but that’s pretty much all I can find other than what adventurous trouble makers they are.

Do any of you have experience with them? Would it be similar to a Sphynx in bathing since they have less hair than a furry cat? I’m trying to learn as much as I can before he starts telling me my little Sphynx will need a kitty sibling. I’m not opposed at all, I just don’t know anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheldon13

Staff member
I’m not sure anything about them. But I know there is a FB group with both so you may be able to find people there who have both types. I’ll pm you.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I got my first Sphynx from a breeder who is now breeding Lykoi cats so I did hear about them from that breeder. What I remember most was how it was going to be just her and a couple of other breeders that were going to own all the Lykoi cats. They were going to be able to charge a lot for them because they were so rare. That turned me off because I'd rather buy from someone that cares about the cats more than the money. But this doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the cats.