Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lysine

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hiya, i know im probably just a worry-wart but i was just wondering how everybody elses kitties was when they started on lysine, ive been meaning to get my boys started on it for a while so this month when i got payed i finally ordered some from Amazon, we are now on day 3 & blue has the poo's, i can hear him trumping from the other side of the kitchen & it really is runny (twice today, once last night), the scoops we got was 2.5ml so i double checked & that was the same as 250mg, ive been sprinkling it on the boys wet meal every morning & today i have upped Blues pumpkin aswell with him having a dicky tummy, i double checked with my vet as i am still on weekly visit with Fifa as his eyes are still bad & she said she recommends it & said it will do no harm (this was before i gave it to the boys) im unsure if Fifas stools are runny as im ashamed to say he does his business in my neighbours garden (quite embarrassing !!) should i stop the lysine while blues poo is sloppy or is it normal as it is a change to his diet....i just dont want to start then stop then start again, as i know many of you swear by lysine im trying to be a good sphynx-mummy giving it to my boys, should Blue be doing sloppy poo or have i upset his system, any advice you sphynxy-supermums could give me would be gratefully accepted, i just want to do right by my boys....thanks, Lisa xxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Embracing-Joyx4

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
L-Lysine really is good for your kitties. I use it twice daily powder form. I would up their pumpkin intake and see if that helps.

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm not sure. I don't give it. I tried giving it, but I had trouble figuring who was getting what, as they eat out of each other's dishes and sometimes jinx doesn't eat her wet food at all. I should order the lysine treats, then I can be sure they are getting the right dosage.

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well Blues made me took like a total liar hes done a poo that big i swear a donkey must of been in his litter box !!! Maybe its because i upped the pumpkin yesterday or he may of just got used to the lysine this is day 4, either way there was definatly nothing wrong with his poo this morning, think i would of even struggled to part with that one !!! lol, thankyou for your advice xxx

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hiya, i know im probably just a worry-wart but i was just wondering how everybody elses kitties was when they started on lysine, ive been meaning to get my boys started on it for a while so this month when i got payed i finally ordered some from Amazon, we are now on day 3 & blue has the poo's, i can hear him trumping from the other side of the kitchen & it really is runny (twice today, once last night), the scoops we got was 2.5ml so i double checked & that was the same as 250mg, ive been sprinkling it on the boys wet meal every morning & today i have upped Blues pumpkin aswell with him having a dicky tummy, i double checked with my vet as i am still on weekly visit with Fifa as his eyes are still bad & she said she recommends it & said it will do no harm (this was before i gave it to the boys) im unsure if Fifas stools are runny as im ashamed to say he does his business in my neighbours garden (quite embarrassing !!) should i stop the lysine while blues poo is sloppy or is it normal as it is a change to his diet....i just dont want to start then stop then start again, as i know many of you swear by lysine im trying to be a good sphynx-mummy giving it to my boys, should Blue be doing sloppy poo or have i upset his system, any advice you sphynxy-supermums could give me would be gratefully accepted, i just want to do right by my boys....thanks, Lisa xxx
Hello,
The thread is a little confusing, you changed diet? Changing diet can surly effect poo being runny, even up to a week or more. Pumpkin only helps if there are no underlying health issues. Lysine can be given as a "maintenance" dose of 250 ml or up to 500 ml to help for cold like symptoms. http://sphynxlair.com/community/threads/sphynx-with-feline-herpes-and-l-lysine.3217/ are they on any sort of antibiotic medication? This can also cause runny poo. :)

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello,
The thread is a little confusing, you changed diet? Changing diet can surly effect poo being runny, even up to a week or more. Pumpkin only helps if there are no underlying health issues. Lysine can be given as a "maintenance" dose of 250 ml or up to 500 ml to help for cold like symptoms. http://sphynxlair.com/community/threads/sphynx-with-feline-herpes-and-l-lysine.3217/ are they on any sort of antibiotic medication? This can also cause runny poo. :)
Sorry ive just re-read what i wrote & see what you mean, the boys food is still exactly the same when i said changed diet i meant because id added lysine to the morning meals, i give a spoon of pumpkin morning & night to both the boys & have done since Blue was a little off when he came to us in october, they both really enjoy it so im gonna leave them on it every meal, fifa is on eye drops called fucithalmic 2xday & ronaxan 20mg tablets 2 each morning for cold like symptons, hes back at the vets tuesday & they said he could possibly need an xray to check his chest but he seems tons better when hes on medication its when its finished his eye starts running again, im hoping the lysine might help boost him up a little bit, Blue is on no medication & is healthy & happy in himself, his poo was huge this morning so im hoping by giving him extra pumpkin yesterday it settled his tummy, thankyou for your advice :) Lisa xxx