Lysine | Sphynxlair

Lysine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Luvmysphynx, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Luvmysphynx

LuvmysphynxSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $292.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    Does anyone know a good place to get this relatively inexpensively? I keep Oogie on it because of the bad respitory infection he had when I rescued him - The vet said he didn't have herpes, yet if I take him off the Lysine, he starts getting snotty again. I'm keeping Haley on it as well just for the heck of it - And with a 3rd Sphynx joining the family soon, I'm looking for somewhere to either buy it in bulk to save a little money, or find it a little cheaper then I'm getting it from my vet for. Anyone have a good source? Is Lysine safe for kittens (he'll be 12 weeks when I bring him home)?

2. lovinsphynx

lovinsphynxSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $322.00
    Ratings:
    +16
  3. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $39.00
    Ratings:
    +440
    I've also seen Lysine on Amazon.com...the Lysine treats I give Walter are $20 from the vet, but the exact same bag is $12.50 from Amazon...he tested neg. for herpes, too. But hasn't had a single eye booger since I started him on Lysine. I know it's safe for cats that are not infected with herpes, in fact, my vet recommends it for all of his feline patients, since some cats can have false negative test results if they are not highly infected with the virus. Great stuff.

4. Luvmysphynx

LuvmysphynxSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $292.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    Ya, it really is!!!! I've loved the results I've gotten with it on Oogie

Wow, that link you gave me lovinssphynx is like a third the price of what I'm spending at the vets! And it's a higher mg then I'm using right now (I think what I buy at the vets is 250 mg per scoop), so I could even get away with using a a level scoop instead of a rounded scoop to save a little more! That's a bargain, I don't think the bottle I buy is even a pound, I'll have to look when I go home. I think I'll be ordering from there from now on LOL I'll save a fortune - More money for cat toys, trees, clothes, etc :Laugh: