Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Mabel and Pruney Meet Part of Their New Family

susi794

Staff member
I asked Deb's permission to post these pics of her and her lovely daughter, Kendall ,when they came to pick up Pruney and Mabel. This should tide you all over while we're waiting for the newest editions from their new house.
Debbie and Kendall arrive:

Debbie shares pics of her beloved Ren and Stimpy:

And gifts us with a beautiful picture and frame and lots of NIP!
Here are some of the gang enjoying it:

Mabel goes to Kendall! I couldn't believe it!

She lets Kendall pet her!

Ready to leave:

Just one more kiss before you go....

We are family now! I love you guys!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Awww so cute!!! Its funny how kitties know who their new mommys are. Snuffie came up to me first as well,,its a wonderful feeling! They all look so happy. Great photos Susie..thanks for sharing!

Inferno12

Banned
What awesome pictures Suzi. What a wonderful but sad moment all at the same time. They are beautiful and they look so happy with their new family

Oh Susi thank you for posting these! How heartwarming!

I love the pictures of Mabel with Kendall! Susi she looks so comfortable and appears to be enjoying the affection! In the picture where they are getting ready to leave and Kendall has Mabel in her arms, Mabel's big, beautiful eyes do not look frightened one bit. And the Prunes, he is just soaking up the affection and attention.

What a bittersweet moment. You did a good thing Susi. Those are some loved kitties! And now you have an extended family as well!

susi794

Staff member
I know it was a good thing to do.....and I am happy that they are happy...and I am really happy for Debbie's family too....but am looking forward to being able to look at them without crying. I know it's silly when they are doing so well, but I just can't help shedding a few tears when I see their sweet little faces.

I'm such a BOOB!

I know it was a good thing to do.....and I am happy that they are happy...and I am really happy for Debbie's family too....but am looking forward to being able to look at them without crying. I know it's silly when they are doing so well, but I just can't help shedding a few tears when I see their sweet little faces.

I'm such a BOOB!

You are not a boob! You are a loving Sphynx momma who is just sad that her babies have left the nest! I hope that you can soon look at pictures without it hurting so much. It is not silly at all. This is why I could never be a breeder. I would keep every one of them until you saw me on that Hoarders show - "The Lady with 150 Naked Cats."

susi794

Staff member
It's different with kittens--you raise them knowing they aren't really yours. Pruney and Mabel were supposed to live with me forever....but I love the fact that they are doing well--it's just sometimes....well...you know.

They are right where they should be...and bless them all with a long and happy life.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

I'm such a BOOB!

You say that like its a bad thing. :Wink: I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for you.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I wish the whole world was made up of BOOBS like you. It would be a much better place. **hugs**

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I understand where you're coming from, Susi. Blue was his original's mom pet, too. She sobbed the whole time and then kept lingering at the airport like she wasn't ready to say goodbye. I was heartbroken for her but was grateful that she had entrusted me with something she loved that much!! I still get teary thinking about the "lecture" she gave him about being good for his new mom, etc. I can't imagine how hard it must be to do that!! However, having been on the receiving end, it's a huge act of selflessness that will never ever be forgotten. You did a great thing! You're allowed to be emotional---they'll always be your babies!!

susi794

Staff member
I got an mail from Debbie last night --it had been bath day and just like I told her, Pruney HATED it and it took two people to get him clean, the naughty little brat! But they were proud of how they looked--Debbie said they were prancing around quite full of themselves. Pruney tried to type me a message (LOL) but Mabel was too busy for typing, as she was playing with her mousie. They were all in the family room watching a movie and the cat's toy box was spread out all over the room. Oh! I can't begin to tell you how lovely that sounded to me! My precious angels really do sound happy! Mabel wasn't so playful anymore--so I was so excited to hear this little piece of news. Hurray for family rooms full of people and kitties and toys and love!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I got an mail from Debbie last night --it had been bath day and just like I told her, Pruney HATED it and it took two people to get him clean, the naughty little brat! But they were proud of how they looked--Debbie said they were prancing around quite full of themselves. Pruney tried to type me a message (LOL) but Mabel was too busy for typing, as she was playing with her mousie. They were all in the family room watching a movie and the cat's toy box was spread out all over the room. Oh! I can't begin to tell you how lovely that sounded to me! My precious angels really do sound happy! Mabel wasn't so playful anymore--so I was so excited to hear this little piece of news. Hurray for family rooms full of people and kitties and toys and love!

AWW that sounds wonderful! Im so glad they have continued to be so loved and happy.:ThumbsUp:

sphynxluvr

Lairian
I love being here reading what all of you have to say. This has been so bitterweet for me. I know in a way what Susi is feeling. I hate that part. I know how my family is just consumed with love for these 2 beautiful babies. That's the easy part! Every day becomes more fun. We learn more about each other and they become a bigger part of the family every day. Example: First lesson learned, Pruney LOVES GRILLED CHICKEN. Made off with a huge piece from the kitchen table during chicken fajita night!!! HA HA HA!!! We all laughed about it!!
Mabel & Pruney have Circus time in my bed at 5 AM when my hubby gets up for work!! It is an acrobatic show of jumping, flipping, MMA, and balancing talents. It can be quite a riot!!! But after he kisses us ALL goodbye (YES HE KISSES US ALL) Quiet time begins. Mabel & Pruney envelope my body and cannot get close enough. They compete for position, luckily there is enough of me to go around!!!! We sleep together till that HORRID ALARM disrupts our peace!! UHG!!!! Hate leaving the kids to go to work!! They are making our lives complete!! We really needed some help to get rid of the lonely empty feeling. The pitter patter and Meows melt our heart. Mabel will wake up and talk as if to say HI!!! How are you? Wanna feed me??? Pruney talks too. Wanna play?? or I've had enough I wanna get down. They both talk to each other!! Which facinates us!! Luckily they are very different from our boys!! The distraction can keep us focused on learning their wants and needs!!! We all feel so blessed!! Thank you Susi for sharing your LOVE!!!!!
http://www.sphynxlair.com/members/sphynxluvr/albums/mabel-pruney/

Back