Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Magi the Artist

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
Yet another installment in the Magi's Antic's Saga!
This one had everyone in the home cackling so hard they couldn't breath.

It all begins with me sitting in my desk chair.
My desk chair is more like an advanced, cushioned stool as the back has long ago fallen off of it. Actually my fiance broke it, but lets not get off topic...
Around me is my desk. I made it to best work for the many projects I decide to take on at the same time, it does this because it's a square AROUND me. One corner is missing so I can get in and out of the inclosed square.

Now that you have an idea of the setting I'll begin the humor.

I was painting. Now don't get ahead of me, I can hear you laughing!
I was using my oil paints for once instead of the acrylic I tend to.
All my paints are on the desk near the wall along with my palate but I'm working on the end of the desk near the missing corner because it's facing the TV and the couch where my fiance was sitting and sewing. I start in on the paintings foreground when I see Magi, lazy as can be, walking into the desk area and under my feet. I pay her no heed, sure that she's headed for her bed which happens to be under the wall section of my desk.
Little did I know.
I feel her warm little self hop up on the chair behind me and still asume harmless and normal actions. Then suddenly as it was there it was gone.
But I still paid no mind until my fiance, wide-eyed and looking over my shoulder, started laughing hystriclly. I turn my head around by turning the direction the missing corner was in. I did not move my hands.
Behind me was my paint and pallet but in a state of disarray with tiny black, blue and white paw prints lending off down my desk. I didn't have time to process this as I feel a pressure agienst my brush and whip back around to find Magi trying to get the brush to pet her!

She was covered from nose to tail in smugdes of all the colors of a midnight landscape, and so was my desk.
I have to tell you, oil paints? They do NOT come off of sphynx well!
But in hind sight, the brush stroke she made by rubbing on the brush, actually worked very well for the picture I was painting, she's a great little artist!:LOL:

susi794

Staff member
Oh no! How did you finally get the paint off? And will the painting be called Magi's Midnight?

TotenEngel

Banned
hehe, do you now have a blue sphynx??
Good luck with cleaning that up :LOL::LOL:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Might as well let her finish it now lol.

Shell_Baby

Lairian
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I can totally picture this (pun intended :Wink:) I'm glad she is enjoying her new found talent! You need to post pictures so we can see her artwork! :Laugh:

Gizzymom

Banned
I hope the painting wasn't a "masterpiece"... cuz now it's Magi's masterpiece and you have to give her credit!!!!:LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Nothing like a little Sphynx body painting to spice up a quiet evening. What an adventure the clean up and bathing must have been.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
lol I could just picture it...great story. Did you have time to snap a photo before you cleaned her?

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
:Laugh: Pawcasso!!!

I just have to laugh because Danser was with me my last two years of art school and this brings back so many fun memories.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Haha, awesome story :BigSmile:

Bad day to choose oil, he?
:Hysterical: