Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Magi, the Holiday Loony

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
So I got my secret Santa prez in the mail from it mystery sender with a little sign on top reading, "don't open untill christmas!"
So I place it under my Yule tree, happy about it and wondering what's inside.

As Magi does with most things that I handle she sniffs it and paws at it and then walks away. I think nothing if it.

Into the kitchen I go, intent on making my fiance some snicker doodles.
I certainly was not expecting to be scared out of my skin by the amazing crashing noise I heard!
Back into the living room/office area I run, where the tree is now fully grounded. Ordements rolling to all sides of me as I try to find the sorce of the fallen tree. A gulity pair of eyes stare up at me as I looked down at Magi, who is sitting atop the new Secret Santa Package which is now located (upside down I might add) where the base of the tree once stood. Her entire body wrapped around the side of the box as though she were attempting to imulate wrapping paper, with both front paws curled in a complete circle aroung the top corner...
around which her teeth are sunk.

I righted everything and moved the package to a higher and presumably safer local a top my desk. I then returned to the kitchen to bake.
Only to be stopped, mid stir by another, possably louder, crash.
I walked slowly into the Office to see a whole side of my sectional desk, as well as it's contents, toppled all over my floor. My laptop in one corner, old book cover drawings EVERYWHERE and two little back paws sticking out of the cube shaped shelf space of my desk sectional.
Picture her earlier position but upside down with the box ontop of her and her back feet up in the air and then inside a box and you have an idea of the position I found her in.
I sigh, I check her ( and my laptop) for injuries, and then right the room and hide this amazing box in the coat closet.
I don't even get into the kitchen when I see Magi take a flying jump at the door handle to the coat closet and start nawing at the door nob!

It has since been put in the back of my closet untill it is to be opened.
I don't know what's in the box but I don't think Magi want to wait to open it!

...What is it in this box that's making her so crazy?!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm, I believe Magi has an idea of what awaits her and may have "nipped" it in the bud!:Wink:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm laying 10 to 1 odds that when you go to open it up she'll go all princess on you and not want to have anything to do with it. Just to show you who's boss.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How funny. The whole picture in my head made me crack up. She is so excited about her present. She probably just wants the wrapping paper and box to play with. Dinka has been grabbing ornaments off the tree and running around the house with them.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL::LOL::LOL:Ican't stop laughing! Magi seems to know what's inside and she wants it NOW!!!:LOL:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Omigosh! What a nut! LOL Hope you can keep it wrapped till its time!
I noticed you called it a Yule tree, do you celebrate Yule? I bet she wants to open it on the 21st!
My husband and stepkids are Christian, and I am Wiccan (crazy combination! which has made him lose a few Christian friends..)
Anyways, although we keep our keep our religious practices seperate (except on Halloween)....we do all open a gift for Yule and have a Yule log. My spouse makes it clear to the kids that it is MY holiday....and not theirs...LOL...but of course the kids love opening a gift a few days early!

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
Omigosh! What a nut! LOL Hope you can keep it wrapped till its time!
I noticed you called it a Yule tree, do you celebrate Yule? I bet she wants to open it on the 21st!
My husband and stepkids are Christian, and I am Wiccan (crazy combination! which has made him lose a few Christian friends..)
Anyways, although we keep our keep our religious practices seperate (except on Halloween)....we do all open a gift for Yule and have a Yule log. My spouse makes it clear to the kids that it is MY holiday....and not theirs...LOL...but of course the kids love opening a gift a few days early!

YAY! Another Wiccan! :BigSmile:
My fiance and I are both Wiccan, I was raised Wiccan.
Magi will get her gift on the 21st! It's kinda hard because my fiance's birthday is the 22nd, which over laps Yule next year.:Sweat:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
YAY! Another Wiccan! :BigSmile:
My fiance and I are both Wiccan, I was raised Wiccan.
Magi will get her gift on the 21st! It's kinda hard because my fiance's birthday is the 22nd, which over laps Yule next year.:Sweat:

Fabulous!! Glad to speak to another Wiccan! My house is actually located on "Bible Hill" (seriously thats what its called) so things are tough for me out here! LOL
Nofuratu did a blog page last Christmas about being raised half Wiccan and half Christian..
I just finished making my yule cookies "White chocolate and lemon shortbread pentogram cookies" which I give out for presents. Happy Yule!

Gizzymom

Banned
Fabulous!! Glad to speak to another Wiccan! My house is actually located on "Bible Hill" (seriously thats what its called) so things are tough for me out here! LOL
Nofuratu did a blog page last Christmas about being raised half Wiccan and half Christian..
I just finished making my yule cookies "White chocolate and lemon shortbread pentogram cookies" which I give out for presents. Happy Yule!

OK.. Nofur and Sylvr... I do not practice any religion, but am completely fascinated by details of different religions... So I have to admit my ignorance on Wiccans until yesterday. I had some downtime at work, so the two of you inspired me to do some research... Very intriguing!! However... I am not sure if the websites I looked up were "reputable" or accurate dipictions. Could either one of you guide me to where I can find legit info.... Or PM me with some cool insight into Wicca. Thanks.:Wink:

A few years ago, I started working with a girl who is a Jehovah Witness. I quizzed her for like 2 hours about all kinds of stuff... I think I gave her false hope that I was joining, but it was very interesting. She is still my friend (and we are fine with the differences)... and she still laughs when I refer to her as a J-Dub! LOL:LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I love the story!! lol I totally busted out laughing. So cute and funny. There must be some yummy treats in that box!!!! haha! Too funny!

Ahicks99

Banned
Awww Let her open it!!! Waiting is going to kill her. And like Marlene said shes not going to want it when you give it to her after waiting so long. :BigSmile: Tis the season and you know kids they CANNOT wait. One wont hurt...

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OK.. Nofur and Sylvr... I do not practice any religion, but am completely fascinated by details of different religions... So I have to admit my ignorance on Wiccans until yesterday. I had some downtime at work, so the two of you inspired me to do some research... Very intriguing!! However... I am not sure if the websites I looked up were "reputable" or accurate dipictions. Could either one of you guide me to where I can find legit info.... Or PM me with some cool insight into Wicca. Thanks.:Wink:

A few years ago, I started working with a girl who is a Jehovah Witness. I quizzed her for like 2 hours about all kinds of stuff... I think I gave her false hope that I was joining, but it was very interesting. She is still my friend (and we are fine with the differences)... and she still laughs when I refer to her as a J-Dub! LOL:LOL:

Basically Wiccans see god in two seperate forms, male and female, through nature instead of up in the sky in heaven. We see the goddess in the moon, the god in the sun etc. We do not believe in the devil. We see nature as both creative and destructive. Our two commandments are "do what you want as long as you dont harm anyone" and "whatever you do comes back to you threefold" (good or bad). We are not allowed to cast spells on people without their permission. Casting a spell is really similar to prayer of any religion.
I would reccomend reading everything, including "non reputable" stuff. I like to read the "misinformation" that others are reading so I know how to deal with people saying ridiculous things to me...LOL.
Scott Cunning ham is great for books. His stuff is easy to read and well respected.
I would be wary of sites that talk about "majic" in a glamorous form that can get you wealth or fix your love life. In Wicca, "majic" and spells are just forms of prayer and positive thinking. Sites that promise you something else, or power over others are something else entirely!
I think its good to read sites that criticise Wicca as well because you learn what people "think" it is and what they fear about it. Even though those sites are bull, it is good to see all sides of the coin. It is important to know that although Wicca is considered Witchcraft, not ALL witchcraft is Wiccan. I describe Wicca to a lot of people as a "Hippie" like thing....just love and respect for the earth really.
I also LOVE religion and researching and talking to people of different religions. I think it is so important to have a basic understanding of all major religions so you can understand and relate to people. If everyone did this we would all get along better!
I grew up in Ireland where people have only recently stopped killing eachother over religion. I feel so strongly about us all having love and understanding for eachother! What you are doing is fantastic!

ktate88

Banned
:LOL::LOL::LOL::Laugh: Oh I pictured this all in my head and it was quite comical! Oh Magi wants her Christmas gift!!!