Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Magi was attacked

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
My white furry cat, Sulu Parrot, attacked Magi tonight.
Magi's whole left side and neck are torn up. I have never been more angry at a pet then I am tonight. For what I can tell he attacked her for no reason and his never done this to my other furry cat, Queen Noelle.
I'm worried about Ms. Magi.
Her poor neck looks terriable.

Gizzymom

Banned
That poor little girl :Cry:

How bad is her wounds? Are you taking her to the vet?? I would suggest it - just ask Susi how bad a cat bite can be... The wounds should definitely be cleaned out and probably antibiotics are a good idea.

Please keep us updated....

Get well soon, Ms. Magi!!!! :Sick:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree with you Jacks Mom. A triple antibiotic on the wounds. Please separate the cats. Scratches that are on the surface can be treated at home. But if there are wounds with a hole, that indicates a tooth puncture which can get infected and eventually absess (a pocket of puss). The puss pocket will have to be lanced (cut open) to allow the nasty infection to come out. This will also compromise your cats immune system.

Gizzymom

Banned
Was worried... How is Magi this morning?? I forgot to say yesterday that maybe you should clean her wounds with peroxide (less painful than alcohol), cover in neosporin (or similiar) and cover so she doesn't lick it off and get more germs in the wounds... That poor thing :Cry:

I would also try to keep them separated until she is feeling better...

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
UPDATE ON MAGI!

My fiance's Aunt is a vet that sees our pets for free (which is good because we literally have no money right now), we rushed Magi over to her last night. She says that Magi will be ok. The wounds look worse than they are, a lot of surface damage apparently.
Aunt Trish cleaned her up and put some meds in the wounds.
Magi is acting like nothing happened, she's my tough little girl.:Smile:
I don't know what to do about Sulu Parrot, his been growly all night and I'm afraid he'll attack her again.
I've been worried for a little while that Mr Sulu Parrot might be a one-cat-home type of cat. He is so stand offish to other cats and it took him a year to get near my other furry cat.
I really don't want to have to give up my boy. But he got into the bedroom this morning and tried to attack Magi again.
What do I do now?:Cry:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't think that there is an easy solution but you definately need to do whatever you can to keep him away from Magi. Can your fiances aunt take him for awhile or a friend- that way Magi can heal?

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
Thanks to everyone for their concern.
Right now were going to see if Sulu Parrot will calm down, if not we'll have to find him a one cat only home.
I think something upset him because he's scratched me, which he's never really done before.

Here hoping. He's being calm right now. Maybe that's a good sign.
We'll see, I'll keep everyone posted.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope everything works out.
We had a cat that attacked my sister and my other cat.
We thought it would end but it never stopped.
Thank God my Manx saved my sister and puled the other cat off my sister.
My sister got a male altered Bengal last April but he was mean and had to be sent back.
I hope your cat stops attacking her but chances are he will not stop.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm sorry to hear Magi took such a beating. I'm also sorry to hear Sulu isn't being such a trustworthy friend around Magi. I have never used them, but I wonder if feliway or some kind of calming spray would help him settle down and not be such a grump. Good luck.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I hope everything works out.
We had a cat that attacked my sister and my other cat.
We thought it would end but it never stopped.
Thank God my Manx saved my sister and puled the other cat off my sister.
My sister got a male altered Bengal last April but he was mean and had to be sent back.
I hope your cat stops attacking her but chances are he will not stop.
Wow! I am fairly new to cats (already have 5, soon to be 6!), & I never realized that they might attck a person! :ThumbsDown:I know that outdoor cats get into fights & such, I always assumed it was breeding issues. But I guess I have been very fortunate because when I get a new cat, I bring her home, monitor the introductions to everyone, then everything id fine. My little special needs Somali that just came home a few days ago is settling in well - we had a little hissing from the others at first, but now they are fine.