Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Male or Female?

jessica47201

Lairian
I was wondering if Sphynx Cats, depending on whether they are male or female have different personalities? Are males more out-going the females or visa versa. Thanks!!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have both but prefer girls.
It really depends on the cat though..
I would not go by sex I would go by personality.
All my sphynx are very loving.
My favorite is Cleo my first sphynx.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
They are both loving, I think at the males seem to have a more personable character and seem to meet the description and criteria of the Sphynx, little boy like, almost like a dog, sit on your shoulder like a parrot, etc.

TotenEngel

Banned
I'm gonna get myself in trouble over this one again lol
I prefer boys! I currently have 4 boy cats who are all mummys boys! I find girl cats to be a bit aloof and not quite so cuddly
But there are Lair members I think who would say the same about boys!

susi794

Staff member
I used to think I preferred the boys, but now not so sure of that. It really depends on the cat. I adore ALL of mine.

jessica47201

Lairian
Thanks Bella07! I didn't see that thread. I have never had a purebreed cat before. All of my cats that I have had in the past either wondered into my life or I adopted from a shelter. I think that I have had the best luck with male cats. They always seem to be more lap catish, but they will also join me on the floor with a little game of feather wand. My cat Booger that just died, was always waiting at the door for me and as soon as I sat down on the couch with a blanket he was on my lap and not moving for anything. The only reason I was asking was while I was looking online at some kittens I saw a brother/sister pair. I really liked the male because he was a male but the female was a beautiful calico. I always figured that I would go to a breeder with a kitten in mind but that I would also stay open-minded and see what cat wanted me. Thanks for everyones input. I love SphynxLair.com!!!!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sphynx are different then other cats.
I have my Tortie Point Girl sitting on me right now kneading me and purring.
It is funny because she is a Tortie and people say they have attitudes.
Why dont you get a brother and sister.

jessica47201

Lairian
Believe me if I could, I would. My husband is not extremely excited about paying the price for a Sphynx. One is hard enough, two would be impossible. But I am slowly working one him, possibly wearing him down. I think right now it is mostly a money issue, since he lost his job. I just don't want our currently cat Wiggy to be an only cat for too long and get territorial on a new kitten. That is why I am pushing my husband so bad to get a Sphynx now. Plus I'm going to have a whole month off from work to bond with my new little bald buddy. I have never seen a Sphynx in person, but I am totally mesmerized by them. They are so intriguing and beautiful. I can't wait to be adopted by one!!! Or two!! Or three!!!

Back