Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Max avatar size?

So this one bummed me out a bit;
The max avatar size is 50KB (0,5MB), while the recommended avatar resolution is 200*200.

I just spent 20 minutes in Photoshop trying to get the image to fit both numbers, and the only working way would be to limit the image to 3 colors .:ROFLMAO:

(To any Administrator:)
Maybe set the image limit to a full MB, or be even more generous than that?
I'd like my avatar of me and Rapunzel to look better than just 3 colors and a few pixels. :p

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Stefan99 it's like you talk Chinese here to me:). I'm no epxert at all to this. I just made a picture with my phone and used it as a avatar. The pics made by my phone do have 3.5 mb. I think it has more then 3 colours and a few pixels?

@admin can probably explain it very well to you

@Stefan99 it's like you talk Chinese here to me:). I'm no epxert at all to this. I just made a picture with my phone and used it as a avatar. The pics made by my phone do have 3.5 mb. I think it has more then 3 colours and a few pixels?

@admin can probably explain it very well to you
My best guess is that I have the beginner role, but still :p

admin

Administrator
Staff member
So this one bummed me out a bit;
The max avatar size is 50KB (0,5MB), while the recommended avatar resolution is 200*200.

I just spent 20 minutes in Photoshop trying to get the image to fit both numbers, and the only working way would be to limit the image to 3 colors .:ROFLMAO:

(To any Administrator:)
Maybe set the image limit to a full MB, or be even more generous than that?
I'd like my avatar of me and Rapunzel to look better than just 3 colors and a few pixels. :p
Have you tried uploading the original image? I believe it will automatically resize to fit the avatar space.

Have you tried uploading the original image? I believe it will automatically resize to fit the avatar space.
  1. XenForo doesn't do that I've read the source enough times to know.
  2. It went down...

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I attempted to upload a file above 5 MB, and it partly worked. It kept uploading, but I didn't get the XenForo error message, so I assumed all was good. :)

Don't you know what size you set it to? :ROFLMAO:
I set it to max which is 192px by 192px

I set it to max which is 192px by 192px
That's not how it works. :ROFLMAO:
You go to admin.php?user-groups/{ID}/edit#pg_avatarPermissions and set the size there, I'm 99% sure you limited the attachment size just now :ROFLMAO:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
That's not how it works. :ROFLMAO:
You go to admin.php?user-groups/{ID}/edit#pg_avatarPermissions and set the size there, I'm 99% sure you limited the attachment size just now :ROFLMAO:
The avatar container element is set to 192px by 192px regardless of the settings in the user group setting of the avatar-which I did just change in the user permissions settings to maximum, thanks for your input though. And I see your avatar is now as your requested?

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 9.46.57 AM.png

The avatar container element is set to 192px by 192px regardless of the settings.
I could have sworn it was 200*200, as the change avatar overlay says, but oh well. :p

And I see your avatar is now as you requested?
Yeah, I now have the avatar I wanted, at a usable resolution, thanks. :cat:
You may close the thread if you want to. (y)