Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Max the sphynx in need of a new home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Max is a one year old male cat in need of a new home. He is a wonderful loving cat who craves and needs lots of love and attention. Max was given to us by a family who had two females and Max they tried breeding. The family fell on hard times and that is how we acquired max. He loves cuddling and has every trait a a Sphynx could have. We will interview the lucky person who is interested in Max, we will not just let him go to any home. I f you are interested in Max please contact us at [email protected].
unfortunately Max and my male cat Leonidas will not get along, that is why Max is up for adoption for free to a NEW LOVING HOME, HE IS A SWEETHEART. We are located in New Jersey.
max2.jpg
max3.jpg
max4.jpg
max5.jpg

max1.jpg

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Here is a little clip of Max hanging out with me on the couch, he loves doing that!:Laugh:

Last edited:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Such a handsome boy - If I didn't already have a male Sphynx I'd be very tempted, but I'm not sure how him and Oogie would get along!

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Do you have an application that has to be filled out or do i just need to tell you a bit about our enviroment and myself? I'm very interested in giving him a forever home!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi lovinsphynx,
we have a few interested people, but we may have a home with a family member ,will not know till the middle of the week, we have you in mind though, just want to get him into a good home asap, its getting crazy swapping rooms!:Dizzy:
will keep you updated!
thanks a lot for the interest!:Laugh:

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
sounds good, family is best for sure that way you always have them close :Smile: I'm sure he will be happy where ever he goes! good luck!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Admin,

If your other prospects fall through for whatever reason, I have a friend who is VERY interested in Max. She is a veternarian who lives in Nevada but is currently in Boston and is willing to fly to NJ on her return trip home to pick him up. She is an excellent cat caretaker and would provide him a wonderful home. If you would consider her as a potential adopter, I would need to know ASAP so I can contact her immediately (so she can make the travel arrangements). Thanks!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Admin,

If your other prospects fall through for whatever reason, I have a friend who is VERY interested in Max. She is a veternarian who lives in Nevada but is currently in Boston and is willing to fly to NJ on her return trip home to pick him up. She is an excellent cat caretaker and would provide him a wonderful home. If you would consider her as a potential adopter, I would need to know ASAP so I can contact her immediately (so she can make the travel arrangements). Thanks!

Hi Sydkat7, I have someone who is interested and we are happy with, waiting for A call back today if they change their mind I will let you know asap. Thanks for looking out for us:ThumbsUp:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Sydkat7, I have someone who is interested and we are happy with, waiting for A call back today if they change their mind I will let you know asap. Thanks for looking out for us:ThumbsUp:

That's great! I'm sure there'll be other sphynx adoption opportunities for my friend in the near future.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Just to update everyone I am so happy Max just went to his new forever home!:BigSmile: silly4lilly, her fiance Pete, and Pete's mother just left my house with Max and I don't know who was happier Me, Max or Pete's mom. Max will be living with Pete's mother in A big house where he will be the king! She watches there 2 when they travel and has wanted her own because she hates when they go back home, they where going to start looking for A sphynx for A gift for her and we posted Max A few messages, and A couple of phone calls and the rest is history!:ThumbsUp: I feel so much better now I felt real bad not keeping him but the fighting was too bad so now I feel like it all happened for A reason we helped Max from his yucky life and now he will be settled with one of our members family! :Celebrate: They are local in NJ and only live about 1/2 hour from us! It was very neat too meet one of our members they are just so sweet, admin is away so I just called him and told him the news!( He said I broke the rules by meeting A member LOL) Keep checking they are going to post pictures of Max in his new home. Thanks to all who looked out for Max!

silly4lilly

Lairian
Max is going to be so happy in his forever home!!! he has an entire house to himself where he can lay in the sun, sleep wherever he wants and be the king he deserves to be. his new mom Kathy is so excited, he is going to be a great companion for her. she can't stop talking about how amazing he is and she has only had him for a couple of hours!!!

we will keep everyone up to date and will post pictures by the end of the weekend as we will be visiting him constantly! they are only 5 mins down the road from us :Smile:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations on adopting Max for your fiance's mother, silly4lilly. Sounds like he's in an ideal home, which is just what the little guy needed. :ThumbsUp: I wish many happy years for Max with your family. :BigSmile:

Brooke

Banned
What a happy ending to this story! It gave me the chills...I'm glad to hear that we'll be able to follow along and see how Max is doing. YAY!

Not allowed to meet the forum members, huh? I guess my dream of someday having a big Sphynx Lair reunion somewhere where we all get together and finally meet each other's wonderful sphynx's is never gonna happen...:Laugh: *sigh* :Wink:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That is SOOO wonderful for everyone, I'm so glad to hear Max got such a wonderful home!! It gave me chills to, but I'm a firm beliver that everything in life happens for a reason!!! CONGRADULATIONS MAX!!!!!!!!!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
What a happy ending to this story! It gave me the chills...I'm glad to hear that we'll be able to follow along and see how Max is doing. YAY!

Not allowed to meet the forum members, huh? I guess my dream of someday having a big Sphynx Lair reunion somewhere where we all get together and finally meet each other's wonderful sphynx's is never gonna happen...:Laugh: *sigh* :Wink:

He was just joking it was real cool to meet them, I am happy Max got to stay here in NJ and live with such A nice person, Pete's mom was sure comfy snuggling Max in her arms! I showed them the kittens and silly4lilly and Pete where so amazed with them we could have stayed with them forever but mom was like I want to go see Max! Hmmm wonder how her first night sleep was? first time sharing her bed with A sphynx:Laugh: It would be cool to have A reunion one day ( don't worry I don't have to listen to admin) (or I should say he would listen to me) so don't give up hope we could make it happen:Wink:

silly4lilly

Lairian
OOOMMMGGG those kittens were so cute. we still cant get over them!!!!! they were so tiny!!!!

and leo and athena were so cute too! athena was so soft!!!

max had a good first night, he didnt meow the whole night like we thought he would! she said he slept on her lap on the couch when she was watching TV but he did not sleep in bed with her. he slept on the couch. it will probaby take some time for him to get used to. she said he purrs and purrs and keeps pushing his head on her for her to pet him LOL.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm soooo happy Max went to his forever home, but that it was also someone from here. I can't wait to hear more stories about him as he gets older :ThumbsUp:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
OOOMMMGGG those kittens were so cute. we still cant get over them!!!!! they were so tiny!!!!

and leo and athena were so cute too! athena was so soft!!!

max had a good first night, he didnt meow the whole night like we thought he would! she said he slept on her lap on the couch when she was watching TV but he did not sleep in bed with her. he slept on the couch. it will probaby take some time for him to get used to. she said he purrs and purrs and keeps pushing his head on her for her to pet him LOL.

So glad is night went well! I am sure he will end up in her bed soon, but because Leo sleeps with me I couldn't let him in out bed so he would sleep with our daughter or son! :ThumbsUp:

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
A giant Sphynx playdate would be so neat, maybe someday we can do that, it would be like a close knit sphynx family :Laugh:

ASIAKAT8

Lairian
If anyone comes in contact with a sphynx needing to be adopted please let me know. I have 2 bengals that can get along with the impossible, and we'd like to add to our family. Have a good weekend all.
Renee-new to the forum, not new to loving this breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back