Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

May be rehoming Oden :(

Mackenzie l

Lairian
I have a male sphynx named Oden that I may have to rehome. He is not getting along with my three month old daughter. "Biting her" he never has beaten before and he is normally super sweet. I have a few more things to try before I do rehome him. He is a little over a year old have not had any health problems. If anyone in the SD area is interested in adopting him please message me. Again it is not for sure yet I'm trying to give him a few more days and try a few more things.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh no! I’m so sorry! My sister just had to rehome one of her cats for a similar reason. Her kitty never bit her baby, but she really didn’t like him apparently.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Mackenzie l (((HUGS))) and head smooches. so sorry for the potential of your heartfelt decision to possibly rehome. if you decide to, please post a thread about Oden and details. along with the rehoming fee that will need to be included, as no rehoming fee or maximum rehoming fee of $250.

Awalker

Lairian
I’m so sorry you are going through that. I hope you don’t have to rehome him, but if things don’t get better my family would love to take care of Mr Oden. Best wishes!

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Mackenzie l Sorry to read this. The only thing I can think of is that Oden's world has changed. I don't think he's doing it out of malice.

My brother and I are 13 months apart. I'm the older one. According to my mother, I used to take toys away from my brother, and he'd turn around and bite me. She says my arms were black and blue from all the bites (but I didn't let go of the toys!!!)
Lucky for the little twirp she didn't send him away.....haha just kidding.....to be honest I have zero recollection of any of this and neither does my brother. It's just a funny family story now. When you said biting, this is what it reminded me of. I wish you a similar happy ending.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Mackenzie l (((squeeze hugs)))) if you need to rehome , please post details about Oden, what home you desire , references, etc for a purrfect fit and rehoming fee (no rehoming fee or max $250). surely members will PM to interview.

JCWaellner

Lairian
Sending pawsitive thoughts and vibes your way. I would be very interested in giving Oden a home. I have Sphynx experience and also have been a K9 Trainer, Animal Shelter Manager/Director, and have behavioral certifications for both Canines and Felines. In hope that you all can get to the bottom of whats going on. Something is triggering him.

I noticed that in previous posts he has had some issues with using the litter box. Does he still have problems? Is he Neutered? Do you still have both sphynx kittens well now cats? Has the house dynamic changed? Sorry just wanting to help with the behavior issue.

sanfranz

Lairian
I have a male sphynx named Oden that I may have to rehome. He is not getting along with my three month old daughter. "Biting her" he never has beaten before and he is normally super sweet. I have a few more things to try before I do rehome him. He is a little over a year old have not had any health problems. If anyone in the SD area is interested in adopting him please message me. Again it is not for sure yet I'm trying to give him a few more days and try a few more things.