Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Mean Mommy

Christine

Lairian
Does anyone else feel like their sphynx gets mad at them after grooming? Sometimes I think Gibson is pouting like a kid at me. Then my hubby comes home and he gets all the love :Sad: . I hate having to be the mean mommy!!!!!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awww, Mommy is just trying to help!

Sophie definitely resents me after any bathing/grooming but the initial anger towards me only lasts about 15 min. After that time though if I try to pick her up she sneaks away so I figure she is still upset/remembering what I did still. So all in all about an hour after we are friends again.

How long does Gibson keep you in the "dog house" for? :Hysterical:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Polar gets mad at me at shows because I have to clean him alot at the shows.
He gets dirty from the rings.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Not too long lol unless my hubby comes in....then it's like haha I'm going to daddy cause he won't bath me!

:LOL: That's not too bad then.

I think it's so funny when Sophie comes back up to me a little while after the bath but if I try to pick her up it's like "no, we're not back at that level just yet" :LOL:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pedda's always mad at me after baths. She yips at me with that complaining, whiney tone to her voice. And that's after I reward her with some Pounce. And then she gives me "the look" for about half an hour. When that's all done she's back to normal.

holly_savage

Banned
Hibou is the same. She's all Owl-ly after the bath, earcleaning and nail trimming. I let her out of her burrito pose and she goes off to lick herself dry, has a nap, and then all is forgotten.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL Mo gets very cross with me after a bath because he hates being dried, I usually get growled at, but he can't stay cross for long before he comes creeping and wanting cuddles and treats! I do feel so mean though!

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Teeka goes into a full-out sulk. After getting dried off, she stomps (literally - how can something that small make that much noise while walking, I'll never know) off to her blankie, buries herself in it and refuses to have a thing to do with me for the rest of the day. The bf however, gets MEGA lovins ...

MikkiJean

Lairian
I gave Lexi her first bath today! She's also got her nails, eyes, and ears cleaned. She has a little fight in her in the beginning but then let's me do what I need to. She's a complete lover and purrs like crazy when I am done though, almost thanking me!:Smile:

Nair Bare

Lairian
I gave Lexi her first bath today!.......She's a complete lover and purrs like crazy when I am done though, almost thanking me!:Smile:

Whew, I was beginning to think I got a defective model. Peeve loves his baths and purrs like a diesel truck during our "cuddle-dry" time. Wow, how did I get so lucky with my first Sphynx?
I don't do his nails or ears on bath days. We do those when he is demanding attention or trying to sleep in my arms. And I only do one or two nails at a time so he doesn't get miffed at my attention. But I did bribe him with a Litter Robot and a drinking fountain so maybe that helps keep me in his good graces.
Oh thank you Shannon, what an amazing kitten I have.

Inferno12

Banned
I gave Lexi her first bath today! She's also got her nails, eyes, and ears cleaned. She has a little fight in her in the beginning but then let's me do what I need to. She's a complete lover and purrs like crazy when I am done though, almost thanking me!:Smile:

Awe, sounds like you guys are in love already! I can almost see the smile on your face right now :Smile::Smile:

MikkiJean

Lairian
Whew, I was beginning to think I got a defective model. Peeve loves his baths and purrs like a diesel truck during our "cuddle-dry" time. Wow, how did I get so lucky with my first Sphynx?
I don't do his nails or ears on bath days. We do those when he is demanding attention or trying to sleep in my arms. And I only do one or two nails at a time so he doesn't get miffed at my attention. But I did bribe him with a Litter Robot and a drinking fountain so maybe that helps keep me in his good graces.
Oh thank you Shannon, what an amazing kitten I have.

My first as well. She is such a good girl!:Adore:

Back