Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Medicine for skin injury- safe or not?!

carly gail

Lairian
Hi all,

Baldwin got neutered, microchipped, and had his hernia repaired yesterday. I set him up in my (medium sized) closet with lots of bedding, a litterbox, and food and water (later on). He was NOT very happy being confined in that space, however with my bed being tall and his cat tower and toys all over the bedroom, I didnt want to risk him damaging his sutures/incision sites by being the crazy, energetic, playful little boy that he is! In the night, he must have rubbed his face against his carrier (which was also in closet) or the door in attempts to get out, because this morning both of his cheeks were skinned!!! I feel so bad for the little guy :(. Are there any over the counter type of topical creams for this? I mentioned it to the nurse who called this morning to check in on him but she didn't seem worried at all over it. Everything else is fine, thank goodness!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
dc6579292872a8cacf0be1f45d8e0aef.jpg

@Carly girl Poor baby. You can get this at most pet food stores or on Amazon. It is safe if ingested. Happy healing vibes are sent your boy's way.

This stuff is great to have on hand for scratches and cuts too.

carly gail

Lairian
How it looked this evening :(. Hoping that cream works. Wanting to let him out of closet tomorrow but scared he will jump up on my high bed and rip his umbilical hernia sutures out. Ugh..

Attachments

• IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 20

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Astrid was jumping pretty much the minute she got out of the vet's apparently... and she never pulled her sutures. When I got her a few days later she jumped on and off my bed with ease (no stopping her, my bed is about 1m off the ground). So a bit of jumping should be ok, hopefully healing happens quickly!!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@carly gail Oh sweet Baldwin
Healing vibes sent

I keep vetericyn on hand too for any skin stuff
I like it is non toxic amd works well

I would take the crate out
Amd be sure to call the microchip company and register the chip confirm your info on file
Usually there is a separate one time registration fee that owners must do on their own in addition to the microchipping vet fee

Keep us updated
Gentle healing head smooches
Lookimg forward to positive updates !

Back