Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Meecho's first visit to the zoo

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I took Meecho to meet Tai Shan at the zoo in DC before she gets shipped off to china. She loved her of course except and has a perfect angel. Until she tried to get out of her stroller and into the fenced in area that is :Laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one that treats their sphynx like a child i take my three with me when i go almost everywhere, did you ever have anyone tell you that you couldn't take her with you?

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one that treats their sphynx like a child i take my three with me when i go almost everywhere, did you ever have anyone tell you that you couldn't take her with you?
This is actually the only video I could get because while walking to the elephant exhibit because it is warmer in there a cop saw Meecho and told me I had to leave. Apparently they have a no pets rule at the zoo which honestly I thought was kinda funny. I mean she isn't peeing and pooping on the ground. She is contained in a stroller and I had her kangroo pouch to if they rather I held her. Plus it's already filled with animals so it's not like they could use the no animal rule :Laugh: But I didn't feel like going to jail so I just said ok and left.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hahaha, Meecho at the zoo. Meecho's home away from home.

You're shipping Meecho to China? Or did I just read that wrong?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha, Meecho at the zoo. Meecho's home away from home.

You're shipping Meecho to China? Or did I just read that wrong?
Ok so it must be A man thing because when Admin read this he thought the same thing:LOL: sorry guys but I think she ment the Panda is being shipped to china not Mecho!:LOL:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok so it must be A man thing because when Admin read this he thought the same thing:LOL: sorry guys but I think she ment the Panda is being shipped to china not Mecho!:LOL:
:Dizzy:I'm about as bright as a broken light bulb. Panda's are from China, duh.:Dizzy:

Meecho is so beautiful! Big blue eyes and killer pink dress.
Dobby's heart's aflutter (not good, as he's a toothless old man :BigSmile:)

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lol I was about to ask the same question till I read further!! I don't think i've had anyone tell me I can't come into thier place of business I.E even the grocery store!! They get too caught up in seeing a neked cat to care :)

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I think i'll take Sanura grocery shopping and if anyone says anything i'll just tell them she is a seeing eye cat, and could they please point her to the peanut butter.

heheh...it's not a man thing. I had to re-read 4 times before I figured out it was the panda that was being shipped to China and not Meecho!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Cute video! So Meecho mostly just stays in the stoller without trying to get out? Or does she wear a harness or anything? I think she did really well only trying to make a break for it that one time! :ThumbsUp:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL: I actually had to read it a few times myself, but no meecho is staying wherever I am, it's the panda who is being sent there. She was the first successful panda birth here in DC and is a big celebrity. However because she is born from two pandas who are on loan to us China technically owns the baby. We were allowed to keep her for two years and last summer she was suppose to go to China, but we asked for an extension and we were given one more summer, so after this summer Tai Shan is leaving us :Cry: If you ever get to see her birth it's the funniest thing, because Mei Shong gets this look on her face like she had no idea she was gonna poop out a baby :LOL:

Meecho is very good about staying in her stroller. I never put a harness on her because honestly I don't even own one :Laugh: People are always amazed because they see me walking around the store and saying "Meecho sit or down baby girl" and when they turn the corner and they see it's a cat they don't know what to say. They all think I have a dog and to see she listens so well shocks them even more. Now I will cover it if it becomes too crowded but mostly because I have this deep seated fear that someone might come up to us in a big crowd and grab her and take off :Sweat: I've actually only been kicked out of one other store with her and that was William and Sonoma and the way I saw it they saved me from spending a lot of money at kitchen stuff I don't need or will ever use :BigSmile: lovinsphynx let me know how the grocery store goes, it would save me a lot of time if I could just take her in there with me. Sometimes I really need to go but I won't leave her in the car on a hot day and on a really cool day I won't leave her for more then 1 or 2 minutes and I have to have the car in my constant line of vision and I will still visit the car like fifty times to check on her.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
kalliee129 - that is so amazing- Meecho is awesome! I hope my sphynx (1 month 2 days away from getting her now) will behave that well because I hope to be able to bring her everywhere with me. I'm not really sure on the rules about where pets are allowed? Is it ok unless the store posts on the door specifically? Or is it as long as the pet is contained or on your person?

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
kalliee129 - that is so amazing- Meecho is awesome! I hope my sphynx (1 month 2 days away from getting her now) will behave that well because I hope to be able to bring her everywhere with me. I'm not really sure on the rules about where pets are allowed? Is it ok unless the store posts on the door specifically? Or is it as long as the pet is contained or on your person?
Kallie and Heather, I'm an environmental health inspector by trade and inspect restaurants, grocery stores and other food service facilities regularly, along with air, water, and septic systems. I can almost guarantee that your cats would NOT be allowed inside any grocery store -or any food facility- in any city or state as this would be against local and federal health regulations. There are some retail stores, especially those in the high-end outdoor malls, that allow pets, but this priviledge is at each particular store's discretion. William & Sonoma probably didn't allow Meecho inside because they sell food items and food-related products.

I can't even bring Piglet into one of these facilities in her therapy animal vest, because the American Humane Association has lots of rules against passing therapy animals off as service animals. I would get in big-time trouble with American Humane if I tried to sneak Pigs into a restaurant or grocery store....they would revoke our registration and certification with them immediately!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for this info sydkat7.

I haven't paid much attention but every once in a while I'll be at a retail store and see someone holding a little dog and I'm surprised. In a good way of course! I love seeing pets out and about. But when I think of bringing my pet out I always question whether its allowed. Better to be informed! :ThumbsUp:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks for this info sydkat7.

I haven't paid much attention but every once in a while I'll be at a retail store and see someone holding a little dog and I'm surprised. In a good way of course! I love seeing pets out and about. But when I think of bringing my pet out I always question whether its allowed. Better to be informed! :ThumbsUp:
Ummm I have a firm belief when it comes to taking Meecho out. It's easier to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission :Laugh: If I go and they ask me to leave I simply say ok and leave. When I went to the zoo I saw the sign behind a tree, but following my philosophy I went for it and I'm glad I did or else Meecho would never have met Tai Shan :BigSmile:

ElGato: I love her whiskers too and was actually praying that as she shed her hair as a kitten that she wouldn't loose her whiskers or that soft chinchilla like fur on her feet and I got my wish. The thing that cracks me up about her whiskers is that it looks like she got her tail stuck in an electric socket and fried her whiskers :LOL: I do have to watch them though since they grow so weird sometimes they will grow right into her eyes or nose and I don't know if it bothers her but it sure makes me itchy to see it :Laugh:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ummm I have a firm belief when it comes to taking Meecho out. It's easier to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission :Laugh: If I go and they ask me to leave I simply say ok and leave. When I went to the zoo I saw the sign behind a tree, but following my philosophy I went for it and I'm glad I did or else Meecho would never have met Tai Shan :BigSmile:
Oh believe me -I definitely want to take a page from your book and bring my sphynx with me! I'm somewhat of a nervous nellie when it comes to the prospect of getting in trouble. But I like your philosophy and as long as its not a food place I'm going to give it a try. You only live once- (unless you're a cat :Surprise:).