Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Meeka's Back!

yeaimemi

Lairian
Hello SphynxLair! My name is Emily, & I've been gone for quite some time but decided to hop on back to see how everyone is doing, & reintroduce myself considering I've missed a lot. :)

I adopted Meeka from Craigstlist in July of 2012. She came to me with a serious eye infection! We were told that she was attacked my the older male stud, & he had hit her in the eye. It took us about a week through texting to finally go & get Meeka. She was on two different antibiotics to clear the infection from her right eye, & was evaluated that the eye pushed back into socket would be better off being completely removed.

1439499_1401313792.1838_multi.jpeg

I know that a lot feel that we shouldn't have taken a cat in that we couldn't have afford for vet bills, but we have been doing as much as we can. She gets her vet care, she's seen by a vet annually, she gets any medications she needs, she's very happy & healthy. We've come a long way, & continue to do better. The only discomfort Meeka experiences anymore with her eyes is from the left which is pushed back into socket. It tends to drain discharge which dries up around her eye, making it red & a bit tender. I try to keep up with this as much as possible with soft cloths, & she doesn't seem to mind.

I hope I can be accepted back into the community again, & I'm glad for you guys to open your ears to listen to my little story. Meeka has blossomed, & still does normal cat things! She chases after her catnip crinkle toys, plays with the other cats, & her favorite play hour is 10PM (because she gets excited knowing dad is coming home, & she's in love with him)!

1439499_1401314075.3429_multi.jpeg

We've had so many ups & downs in life, & we're just now leveling out with our new house we just moved into. I have made a page on Facebook to dedicate to her alone & be able to post updates on everything, including her surgery date & progress. Meeka does mean everything to me, & I do the absolute best that I can.

Thank you so much for reading my long story, I hope you enjoyed learning about Meeka as I have over these two years together. Her personality is amazing & she's the most loving kitty of the three I own. She's currently snuggled in my lap, watching me type as we speak. :) I love the Sphynx breed, & missed being around SphynxLair & seeing everyone's kitty!

Last edited by a moderator:

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome back!

I read about Meeka on a facebook group, and I am wishing you all the best in raising the money for her surgery.

The pictures from when you first got her until now is amazing, she looks so much healther and happier.

But, just so you know.. linking to fund raisers / donation pages is against the terms & conditions of Sphynxlair.

Hope you will stick around and share her progress with us :)

yeaimemi

Lairian
Thank you so much! It was amazing to see the response, I didn't really expect it to be honest! It warms my heart to see all the nice comments & love from the community. It helped me overcome my fear. I just talked to the vet this morning & it excites me to see this finally get done. Meeka definitely deserves it. :)

Yes! Seeing the before/after pictures now still shocks me. I can't believe how far we have come. I'm just glad to see her so happy & healthy. I always love seeing her play around, because it's insane how she can find her way around the house to chase her cat buddies without her sight! She's so amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome back! Glad to hear Meeka is doing so well and that you're on the road to get her the surgery so she can feel 100% :)

yeaimemi

Lairian
Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments. Its nice to be back again. I always loved the nice community here! We are trying our best to make her as happy as can be & so far we feel we have done awesome at it. :)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @yeaimemi - of course your always welcome back at anytime! Sorry to hear of your sphynx issues, hope it all works out in the end. Please enjoy the community! (y)

yeaimemi

Lairian
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. :love: Everything seems to be going well so far. I'm just overwhelmed & joyed over the amount of support!

susi794

Staff member
Welcome back....Meeka is looking great. Keep us posted on her surgery.
Hugs,
Susi and the gang

yeaimemi

Lairian
Thank you, it is so great to hear the heartwarming comments. It's quite obvious why I missed this community!! :)

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome back. I think you both are blessed to have each other.
Thank you for taking her and giving her a wonderful loving home.
She looks so much better. Congrats.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome back. You know you will always be surrounded by supportive members here :) looking forward to hearing more about Meeka's progress :)

Patti

Embracing-Joyx4

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome back... Meeka looks quite happy and snuggly next to your kitty. I look forward to hearing more about her and I will be praying she continues to do great.

There is no love like a sphynx love or that of the owner of a sphynxie!

Cat Dancer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome back. :) Sounds like Meeka has had quite the journey... Hope that she gets her surgery & continues to improve. She's lucky to have your love