Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Meet Cynder-Bug :)

bisingular

Lairian
Hey everyone! My name is Erin, and together with my fiancé (Hal), we own a little naked wrinkle monster named Cynder-Bug.

In May of 2003 our neighbours cat had a surprise litter of kittens (that’s what you get for having an unfixed outdoor cat), and from that litter came my first cat, Jazmyn. She was the light of my life and a staple in my childhood. She was the most affectionate, cuddly, wonderful cat I could ever have imagined owning, and I probably won’t own another act like her.

IMG_9752[1].JPG

Mid last year, after 11 years with my amazing fur baby, I had to make the difficult decision to put Jazmyn to sleep. She had severe acute renal failure due to ingesting lily. We thought it was a hairball at first, and didn’t act quickly enough to save her. I still feel responsible for her passing and there isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t think about her, miss her or feel guilt for what happened. Even writing about it is hard without tearing up. I don’t know if I’ll ever completely come to terms with what happened.

After Jazmyn’s passing, I felt a huge hole in my life; I knew that I needed to fill it with some manner of animal. After much research and obsession, Hal and I settled on a sphynx. There are very few breeders where I live, and when I found the breeder from whom we got Cynder, I was ecstatic. We clicked right away, and she was very forthcoming with information, and within a week of finding her, we purchased Cynder. We got her just before Christmas, and it was the best gift I could ever have asked for. She adjusted amazingly well, and within the same day we got her she was exploring the house. I was absolutely floored by her amazing curiosity and confident swagger, even after an hour and a half car ride, getting poop all over herself, and getting car sick.

She shows us more and more personality every day, we’re learning her quirks, and routine, and she’s talking to us more and more. She’s growing more affectionate all the time, and loves to be loved. And wrestle. And kill string – she loves string.

Hal and I are hoping to get a second naked wrinkle monster, most likely a male, from the next litter, from the same breeder.

Cynder is so much more than we expected, despite all the research I’d done. Seeing things on paper is so much different that experiencing them, and I have absolutely no regrets getting Cynder, and I’m so excited to share my years with this amazing creature.

IMG_20150219_161358[1].jpg
IMG_20150212_193309[1].jpg
IMG_20150203_232230[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150219_161358[1].jpg
    IMG_20150219_161358[1].jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20150212_193309[1].jpg
    IMG_20150212_193309[1].jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20150203_232230[1].jpg
    IMG_20150203_232230[1].jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 12

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you. Pretty little lady. I'm sorry
for your loss, glad you have your new baby. You couldn't have chosen
a greater pet than a sphynx.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome! Cynder is adorable. So glad you are here and I look forward to more stories and pics!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @bisingular and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! Sorry for your loss, what a cutie of a sphynx you have there! Please enjoy our wonderful sphynx community! (y)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hello @bisingular : nice to see you joined in on the lair. Jazmyn was a lucky cat that she lived at your place being loved that much. So sorry for your loss.

And so happy you found Cynder-bug! What a cute little thing she is. And how nice it would be to have her a little brother. Looking forward to more stories and pics!

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The few pictures look like my Fluffy! I was a bit surprised!

So glad you have found the love of a sphynx!

I hope, for your sake, she does NOT behave like Fluffy, lol

Jen

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair!

I'm so sorry for your loss.
( I understand where you're coming from with your guilt and regret; I still feel all the same things for my Little Skulls. I lost her on my birthday this past July. I don't think I will ever get over the guilt.)

Cynder is a beautiful young lady?
Keep us posted as to when you are expecting a another little monster!!

Back