Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Meet Elsie!

FuzzyYeti

Lairian
Hey peeps!

Just thought I'd post a little introduction here. My wife and I are proud new owners of a little 5 month old Sphynx named Elsie (or "LC" story to follow). She's ultra high energy even for a Sphynx, so it's been a big learning curve for both of us since I've never owned a cat, and my wife is a dog person, but has owned a cat in the past. So we ended up landed on this breed mainly because before we got Elsie, we toyed with the idea for another animal (currently own a small dog) and got talking about cats. At this point I had been reading a fantastic graphic novel called Saga, and one of my favorite characters in it was "Lying Cat" who could always tell when someone was lying by verbally saying so. So when we talked about breeds, we had joked about getting a hairless cat since it was fresh on my mind, and my wife joked that we should name it "Lying Cat" and I kind of liked it. So we both looked deeper into it and really fell in love with how the breed looked, and the temperament and everything about them and we ended up going down that path! I wanted to name her LC (short of Lying Cat) because the whole reason we go here was from that spark of an idea, but my wife didn't really like that, so as a compromise her official name is Elsie (But I still like the idea of LC haha)

Anyways, this place has been a wealth of information and resources on learning more about the breed prior to us taking the plunge and I thought that I might as well join the community to ask more questions and share my own experiences to maybe help others.

Attachments

• IMG_20181222_140808.jpg
    IMG_20181222_140808.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20181223_204203.jpg
    IMG_20181223_204203.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20190201_200508.jpg
    IMG_20190201_200508.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 43

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
my goodness I can tell you guys are “all in” with the most amazing breed there is. Your baby is beautiful and something tells me we are going to see a lot of you in the community...yay!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @FuzzyYeti and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie you have there, love the color! Please enjoy the community! :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@FuzzyYeti welcome to sphynxlair for you, your wife and LC! Elsie is gorgeous. And so cute.

And yay! Another saga lover! Lying cat is awesome. Makes me happy Lying Cat made people turn into sphynxlovers. Wish I thought about the name LC/Elsie!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello and welcome. LC is gorgeous. And I love the reason; Saga is a fabulous comic and of course, Lying Cat rules.

Back