Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Meet Sterling

moodyxmoon

Lairian
He's currently being quite the challenge as far as feeding goes; he seems to be constantly on the prowl for food. When he is fed, he literally and figuratively inhales the food. I'm going to purchase a 'slow-feeder' style bowl.

I re-homed him from a lady who had him on 24/hr access to kibble, and I've weaned him onto raw which is better for his tummy; however he thinks hes starving due to only having two generous meals a day.

He's 10 months old and has a 1 year old kitty friend called Tak. He's a very sweet and kind boy, hes surprisingly not food aggressive and will let his sister push him out of the way. He's rather clumsy and due to his previous Mum's schedule hes not really been exposed to many common household noises etc So life is quite the terrifying experience for him at the moment!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@moodyxmoon congratulations with Sterling. Such a handsome boy. And super cute.
Hope he'll get used to his new life and home soon.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@moodyxmoon awh bless you for opening your heart and home to handsome Sterling .
Let us know how the slow feeder works for him. Members will definitely be interested with our little chow hounds.

Surely thriving on all your love and care . We have several raw feeding members too

Look forward to pics of Tak too! All paws are lair family :)
Head smooches to Sterling and Tak

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@moodyxmoon Hello and welcome to you and the absolutely beautiful Sterling! My boys love those Morrisons bags too :0 How long have you had him? I don't feed raw, and was wondering how the slowfeeders work with that? :unsure:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
What a cutie! Congrats! :)

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What a handsome boy. Congratulations. I love watching them learn . Mine boy does the same thing with food, it's like he's never eaten before lol

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@moodyxmoon Hello and welcome to you and the absolutely beautiful Sterling! My boys love those Morrisons bags too :0 How long have you had him? I don't feed raw, and was wondering how the slowfeeders work with that? :unsure:
I would just be worried about bacteria so you’d have to have several bowls so you could use a clean one each time. I think it would work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

moodyxmoon

Lairian
I bought the slow feeder bowl from Amazon, it definitely slows him down but there is a bit of splash-back and meat flicking when he gets his paws involved.

The bowl is top rack dishwasher safe and we use a rubber floor mat, at the moment its mainly for his evening meal to distract him from when the Humans eat their dinners :0

For breakfast he uses a stainless steel bowl, due to us needing to leave for work and being unable to clean up meat-spray :0:0 so yes, it slows him down, but also yes it is unfortunately messy with raw meet. For kibble however I think it would be perfect!