Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Meet The Girls

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh Susi they are getting more beautiful everyday. I used to have favorites but now I can't decide- I guess I'll take all of them:LOL: I'm really excited to see their colors develope more and more as they get older:BigSmile:

Bella07

Banned
AAAAWWW :Adore: There are so many things that I love about this thread. I love the kittiens names, absolutely adorable. Then I love the pictures, each and every one of your little girls are beautiful. And I can not believe how quickly their coloring came in! All beautiful. Thank You for sharing! :Kissed:

susi794

Staff member
Lulu is seal point according to her papers...the babies look mink to me, but I am not an expert on color. It's hard to tell their coloring in the pics--Lulu's babies look sometimes black in the pics but look much lighter in person.

gizmo6370

Banned
Lulu is seal point according to her papers...the babies look mink to me, but I am not an expert on color. It's hard to tell their coloring in the pics--Lulu's babies look sometimes black in the pics but look much lighter in person.

Mink is no color....it's about the eye color....
Figgy looks like a seal mink or point...Twinkle could be a seal tortie mink or point....but it's still hard to tell....do you see any trace of red on Twinkle ?
The Othie babes seem to be all tabby....Silver Bells maybe not...

susi794

Staff member
Mink is no color....it's about the eye color....
Figgy looks like a seal mink or point...Twinkle could be a seal tortie mink or point....but it's still hard to tell....do you see any trace of red on Twinkle ?
The Othie babes seem to be all tabby....Silver Bells maybe not...

I know that mink is eye color--Lulu's papers say she is sealpoint, but I think she is mink--her eyes aren't vivid blue. And Boo is also mink--so I think the babies are going to be mink...but just not sure. I think that Silver Bells is bicolor blue/white.
I thought Candy Cane is tortie, but maybe torbie. Junior mint looks like a chocolate torbie if there is such a thing. No, I don't think I see any red in Twinkle.

Bella07

Banned
I keep checking your two threads over and over, it's addicting! They are all so beautiful :Adore: I even checked to see if my shelter has any newborn kittens needing foster homes, but not at this moment. I haven't had any foster kits since May, so we'll see, hopefully soon :Smile:

susi794

Staff member
Just went back and reread my other post--it did sound like I was saying mink was a coat/skin color--I think both Figgy and Yule are seal and I'm thinking I don't know for sure what Twinkle is- seal and white?
My old house doesn't have an awful lot of natural light in the winters, so without flash is tough.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
They are soooooooo cute!!! Cute I tell ya! Did I say their cute?? Oh my goodness...I couldn't imagine having to part with those cutie pies. Junior Mint is such a charmer..he is such a cutie.

Love the photos!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!
You should write into their contract that who ever purchases them has to join sphynxlair and shower us with photos. Especially Jr Mint so I can adore him from afar!

gizmo6370

Banned
I know that mink is eye color--Lulu's papers say she is sealpoint, but I think she is mink--her eyes aren't vivid blue. And Boo is also mink--so I think the babies are going to be mink...but just not sure. I think that Silver Bells is bicolor blue/white.
I thought Candy Cane is tortie, but maybe torbie. Junior mint looks like a chocolate torbie if there is such a thing. No, I don't think I see any red in Twinkle.

Oops...sorry about that :Smile:

If Lulu is mink it's even harder on the colors and points...with mink x mink you'll get 25% sepia kittens, 50% mink kittens and 25% point kittens :Dizzy: That's in theory...
All the Othie babies look tabby to me...exept Silver Bells maybe....so the tortie's are torbies then....the red and white boy is also a tabby...
Chocolate can only be if both parents carry a gene for chocolate ( watch out with that one...a lot of breeders say that their kids are choc...but really aren't ) :Smile:
The tabby patern does also work on the coatcolor of your babies...the tabby can make it a bit brownish/greyish...i hope you understand what i mean :Smile:
The combination of Boo with Othie gave you torties...so my guess is...that Boo is red or cream under his white coat...then he is also tabby...

gizmo6370

Banned
Just went back and reread my other post--it did sound like I was saying mink was a coat/skin color--I think both Figgy and Yule are seal and I'm thinking I don't know for sure what Twinkle is- seal and white?
My old house doesn't have an awful lot of natural light in the winters, so without flash is tough.

Ow never mind Susi...i thought i misread your post ( i'm still a foreigner :LOL: )
Yep...i think that Figgy and Yule are seal....and Twinkle must be a seal and white....if you don't see any red on her....
Witch one of the 3 was the bit darker one when they where just born ? Because if Lulu is mink...then that darker one at birth could be a seal sepia kitten....

susi794

Staff member
Ow never mind Susi...i thought i misread your post ( i'm still a foreigner :LOL: )
Yep...i think that Figgy and Yule are seal....and Twinkle must be a seal and white....if you don't see any red on her....
Witch one of the 3 was the bit darker one when they where just born ? Because if Lulu is mink...then that darker one at birth could be a seal sepia kitten....

Is it unusual to have the papers use the wrong coloring? I always thought Lulu was sealpoint, but her eyes aren't real vivid blue----and don't seem to have that red glow in a flash picture that blue seem to always have....
I think Figgy was the darker one--but maybe it was Yule. Shoot, I can't remember--

Thanks for the help with the coloring Cristina....I'm sure you're also right about Sugar Plum--being a tabby as well. His little tail is barred and there might be faint little bars on his legs. I hadn't looked that close until you said he was tabby too. And you're also right about Junior Mint most likely not being chocolate--it probably is just a brown tinge from the tabby pattern--he just looks chocolately not meaning he is a real chocolate. Gosh, I have to watch my descriptions--I'm just describing at this point--especially with Lulu's babies as these were my first experiences with thermal kittens and I haven't done my homework on genetics and coloring like I should. I've mostly just used color predictors and my eyes up til this point. But it hasn't been hard before--Vans, Bicolors, Torties, Tabbies, Calicos aren't too bad, but when it comes to all the different combinations, I get worse at it. So, thanks for the help.

gizmo6370

Banned
Is it unusual to have the papers use the wrong coloring? I always thought Lulu was sealpoint, but her eyes aren't real vivid blue----and don't seem to have that red glow in a flash picture that blue seem to always have....
I think Figgy was the darker one--but maybe it was Yule. Shoot, I can't remember--

Thanks for the help with the coloring Cristina....I'm sure you're also right about Sugar Plum--being a tabby as well. His little tail is barred and there might be faint little bars on his legs. I hadn't looked that close until you said he was tabby too. And you're also right about Junior Mint most likely not being chocolate--it probably is just a brown tinge from the tabby pattern--he just looks chocolately not meaning he is a real chocolate. Gosh, I have to watch my descriptions--I'm just describing at this point--especially with Lulu's babies as these were my first experiences with thermal kittens and I haven't done my homework on genetics and coloring like I should. I've mostly just used color predictors and my eyes up til this point. But it hasn't been hard before--Vans, Bicolors, Torties, Tabbies, Calicos aren't too bad, but when it comes to all the different combinations, I get worse at it. So, thanks for the help.

You are very welcome Susi....i like to talk color :BigSmile: So it is really no problem for me :Smile:

Sometimes it happens that the paperwork isn't right...just because the colors and points are pretty hard....but once you know it...it isn't that hard...for me it is a bit easier....because i had all my breeders DNA tested on color...points....tabby/non tabby...bloodtype....etc.etc. Because i like to know what to expect...and what not :Wink:
If i had an all white like your Boo...i would sure had him tested on color...i would be just to curious ( sp ? :Dizzy: ) what he was hidding under his white coat...lol :LOL:

If you take some pics of Lulu with the flash on....and there isn't red...then she isn't a point...then she is mink....i have 1 point...but i see the redness in his eye...just by looking at him...

To bad you can't remember Figgy or Yule....that one could be a seal sepia....oh well around 10 weeks old....the eyes start to change ( sp ? ) color...sepia kids are gonna have bright yellow eyes...so i guess you will see in time :Wink:

The breeder where i got my first sphynx ( my dearly beloved Gummi :Adore: ) ever from has told me...that all reds or creams are always tabby...and if you look close at Sugar...you see his tabby markings :Smile:

Back