Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Merlin's Gotcha Day!!!

JojoCatMama

Lairian
IMG_6358.JPG
IMG_6363.JPG
IMG_6383.JPG
IMG_6385.JPG
WOW! Merlin and Tansy took all of 10 minutes to warm up to each other... it's been nearly impossible to get a decent pic since! They are playing nonstop. So cute.

dare2Bbare

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Merlin is so cute! And adorable! And handsome! And did I mention cute?
Wonderful Merlin and Tansy get along so well already. What a purrrfect gotcha day!

JojoCatMama

Lairian
Thank you everyone! They are still playing, but we separated them for the night because their play fighting seems really rough.

Merlin has a few scratches. Nothing deep but it does worry me a little. Tansy is about a month or two older than him and a little bigger and she pins him down. When he meows for her to stop, she does back off though.

Is this normal kitten behavior?

dare2Bbare

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you everyone! They are still playing, but we separated them for the night because their play fighting seems really rough.

Merlin has a few scratches. Nothing deep but it does worry me a little. Tansy is about a month or two older than him and a little bigger and she pins him down. When he meows for her to stop, she does back off though.

Is this normal kitten behavior?

Yes very! It's great that they are getting on so quickly but a break is a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
A huge congratulations! That is outstanding. I am so delighted that Merlin and Tansy are getting on so well. And yes, What you describe his normal kitten behaviour. They will scrap, they will beat the heck out of each other, and five minutes later they will be forming the most disgustingly cute ball of sleepiness..

Enjoy this time. It goes by fast. But please take lots of pictures and share them with us!

Again, congrats!