Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Michigan Kitties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyovez

Lairian
Hello, I recently joined because we have been looking for quite some time to adopt a special kitty into our family.

We live in the Metro Detroit area (Southgate, MI) and I have had little luck in finding a kitty for us as of yet.

We are looking for one close to us that is in need of a forever home. We would love to find a kitty that is at least within only an hour's drive from us.

We are interested in Sphynx, Peterbald, and Orientals. We do not need a hairless kitty, we would actually prefer a flocked kitty since they are very soft and velvety, but we would like for our new family member to have the elongated face and huge ears like the Orientals and Peterbalds are famous for. We would also love them to have that dog like personality all three breeds are famous for. We are not picky on markings or colors, but would prefer a male over a female. Females are nice too though. We would like for the kitty to be an adult and already neutered/spayed.

We have one Chinese Crested dog that would love a kitty playmate, as he is not a fan of other dogs, but he loves other animals.

We are home all day most days, and have lots of time and love to give a new kitty. We are hoping for a kitty with a small rehoming fee or adoption fee, preferably $200 or lower. I know that is probably rare for these breeds, but I seem to recall seeing it before (the kitties were just way too far away from us for it to work out).

Any help or information would be very much appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Goodluck in your search! Your Chinese Crested is a doll baby! There is one that lives next door to me that looks almost just like yours! So cute!

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck in your search. Try rescue groups or retired breeders.

Cyovez

Lairian
Thanks for the good luck wishes. Josci sends his Crested love. =]

We've attempted to contact breeders to ask about retired kitties, but no luck yet. We're still trying though. =]

All of the rescues we've found thus far seem to be very far away in other states. =/

Cyovez

Lairian
Thank you, not having much luck so far. Well, we've found a couple, but then come off disappointed when another home is chosen, or they are too far away. ^^;

J

Jinxlover

Thank you, not having much luck so far. Well, we've found a couple, but then come off disappointed when another home is chosen, or they are too far away. ^^;

Good luck, I hope you find your kitty.:ThumbsUp:
Most of us did have to ship(or drive 2 or 3 states away) to get our cats/kittens. Are you just not wanting to ship one in? It can be tough to find one that is local.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I first looked for a sphynx I was looking for a breeder within 3 hours from here.
I had a breeder and she did not work out.
Then a friend of Cleos breeder told him I was looking for a sphynx so Cleo came from the east coast and I am on the west coast.
Shipping is no big deal.
I had all 3 of my sphynx shipped.

Cyovez

Lairian
I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the prospect of shipping our prospective family member. I've heard so many horror stories! How safe and comfortable is it for the cats? We've had a few people willing to ship their rescue kitties, but I am still uncertain about it. It seems like it would be very unsafe and scary for the cats. Perhaps I am just too big of a worry wart. =S

J

Jinxlover

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the prospect of shipping our prospective family member. I've heard so many horror stories! How safe and comfortable is it for the cats? We've had a few people willing to ship their rescue kitties, but I am still uncertain about it. It seems like it would be very unsafe and scary for the cats. Perhaps I am just too big of a worry wart. =S

Most of us ship our pets... I was like you years ago, didn't want to ship anything...LOL.. Then my want for a pet out weighed my fear of shipping. It's not that bad, really, And in the end you will have the pet you always wanted... :ThumbsUp:

wundrlust

Lairian
My Bob is an air traffic controller. He told me about a pilot that flies his own plane that carriers only animals. There are so many people that don't want their "babies" stuck in the cargo hold of a plane that is not temperature controlled and only God knows how secure it really is. If anyone would like the name of this carrier I will be happy to let you know.

I'm glad this pilot understands the trama that can happen to a pet in a commercial plane. He must be an animal lover to have created this service....Kudos to him. Unfortunately, the times I have been up in the tower this pilot was not in the Chicago area. Hopefully One day I will see him and be able to thank him for his kindess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back