Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Might as well introduce myself

Hello everyone!

My name is Rudy and I joined the forum a few days ago. I have always admired the sphynx and finally have the opportunity to be owned by one. My BF decided he would get me one if I found the kitten I wanted. Well, the deposit is down and we will be picking the kitten up next month when he can come home!! The BF is almost as excited as I am!

I am currently owned by 2 cats(DSH and Maine coon types), 2 dogs (chow cross and a beagle) and 2 horses (Shire and a Walking Horse.) I am feeling a bit like Noah over here so the kitten will help break up the 2 by 2 trend. lol

I have never bought a cat from a breeder so am a bundle of nerves waiting. :) I made sure they do yearly HCM scans and other testing before choosing them. Now for the wait....

How do others cope with the waiting??

~Rudy *nervous new sphynx momma*

ckutkuhn7

Banned
We shop and buy them goodies for when they come home!!! lol Welcome to the Lair! Can't wait to see pix of your new baby!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair. Congrats on your new nekkid one. I passed the time while waiting for my sweety by staying on the Lair, looking at other kikis and shopping.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Welcome to the site.
I got my first sphynx 2 years ago today.
I loved her so much I had to have more.
I agree waiting is very hard.
Is yours going to be shipped.
Al mine were.
You shop and ask as many questions why you wait for the kitten.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome and hello! Be sure to post pictures when you have them. In the meantime you can shop and try to come up with a name for her!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I definately want to start shopping... Sweaters, jackets, and shirts oh my! I have enough fleece and other things around that I may try to make him a few sweaters though I have no idea what size he will be in January. :-/ Hmmm....measure my DSH and divide by 3 would probably work. lol

I am going to pick him up since the breeder in 'only' 6 hours away. She said I can pick him up directly from her cattery and meet the rest of the lovelies or she would be willing to meet me halfway.

I like to pick out prospective names before I get a cat/kitten but ultimately they must earn their name so it way not be until Febuary before he is named. lol So far I keep leaning to Bogie, Archibald, Streaker, Gremlin or Hairy. lol

My Maine coon is 'Gizmo' because you don't want to get him wet or feed him past midnight, and he is the sweetest 'little' fuzzball ever. ;) That and I like 'Gremlins.' The DSH is Hooch since things also seem to go *No Hooch it isn't yours!*(Think Turner and Hooch).

My favorite name was MAC, a cat I had when I was just a kid. We couldn't think of anything other than he was a 'mean ass cat' so MAC stuck. lol

*sigh* another cat to the household...just what my allergies need.

Figured I could add a few pictures of my other fur babies

Moon

Final

Hooch and Gizmo

Gizzy the Maine Coon mutt

TotenEngel

Banned
Good luck with the wait!
And I LOVE Hooch :Adore::Adore: But then I have a thing about red cats!!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Stalknndashadows and welcome to Sphynxlair! It's worth the wait, it will come faster then you think! Just enjoy the site, there is plenty of action here to get you through!:ThumbsUp:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bella07

Banned
Welcome to Sphynx Lair! Your animals are gorgeous, and your horses are stunning. Plus, I love your Gizzy, I have a brown tabby MC mix myself!

Well, I am waiting until June to bring home my first Sphynx. The wait is unbearable, but I just keep reminding myself that it will be more than worth it in the end. So, you only have to wait till January! That is right around the corner. Shop, shop, shop. Come on SL, that's how I keep myself Sphynx fulfilled! :LOL:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on your new kitty!!!! post pictures as soon she he/she comes home! :) we love to see new babies!
as for waiting on your baby, i really have no advice :( my first sphynx from the breeder as a surprise gift from my fiancee. i think i knew of him 2 days before he came home. i saw some pictures of the cats she had, but Broxn-e wasn't picked out yet. My girls were adoptions as got them within days as well.
Ask for updated pictures of the kittens from the breeders and see if you can visit throughout the whelping process- some may allow it.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcoem to Sphynx Lair. Congratulations on finding your Sphynx. Hopefully the wait will go by quickly. Thanks for sharing the pictures of all your pets.

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair and congrats about your new baby!

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome and congrats!!!! :BigSmile: Love the pics of your animal family, your horses are beautiful specially Moon :Adore: I love the "gentle giants". I engage in "retail therapy" while waiting....:LOL:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair! It was great to see the pics of your beautiful animals:BigSmile: Time will fly by quickly and your little guy will be here soon!

HE WILL BE HOME SATURDAY!!!!!! Woot!!

I got him a little litterbox to go in me room for his 'quarantine' time and to keep him out of trouble until he learns the house. I also got him a few sweaters. :)

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
HE WILL BE HOME SATURDAY!!!!!! Woot!!

I got him a little litterbox to go in me room for his 'quarantine' time and to keep him out of trouble until he learns the house. I also got him a few sweaters. :)
Yay it's almost time. Sounds like you have it all ready for him- can't wait to see pics!!!

Jennifer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome, can't wait to see baby pictures. It will be a long month.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sounds great that you only have 2 more days, then you'll have your baby.
I know I had to wait a couple of months and I could not hardly wait. But, time did pass quicker than I thought it would. I tried to stay busy and shop for Izmae and get her supplies etc. Your life will never be the same. All things change when you get your first Sphynx. Welcome.

firehillqueen

Banned
welcome to the Lair. Sounds like we have a lot in common. I have spotted Walking Horses, a pack of chihuahuas, and four Sphynx cats (with babies due the end of Feb)