Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Mike and Butterball

Inferno12

Banned
Did any of you guys see the last you tube video that he posted? They are homeless living in a shed. I cried so hard when I saw it. The need help and I hope someone can help them out. Do you guys have any idea what we can do to help him???

This is so sad

Last edited by a moderator:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I had a crying jag earlier this morning and had to sign out of SL to collect my thoughts. I came back online only to find this thread. :Cry: My heart is so heavy once again that I cannot stop the tears.

Thank you Inferno for alerting us to Mike and Butterball's plight. I have no idea of what kind of help is out there for Mike in Texas. Suddenly I feel very far away and helpless.

For now I can only pray for Mike not to lose hope in his situation. I hope Butterball's love for him will remind his heart what unconditional love is. I'm sending Mike's family healing thoughts that will remove their fears and frustrations and help mend their relationships.

I'll keep checking in throughout the day. I am praying today will be a better day for them.

Bella07

Banned
Oh Mike, tears are coming to my eyes after watching your video :Cry: I am so terribly sorry that your situation has come to this. I know that you and Butterball can stay strong and pull through together. I will pray for you, and keep you in my best thoughts and wishes. Though extremely difficult, everything will work out in the end for you Mike. Kisses to the ball, and lots of cuddles.

Pbinky

Banned
I just checked with Western Union and the fees are pretty high..... i'm not sure if Mike has a paypal account. I emailed him so i'm just waiting for a reply. We can't have Mike and Butterball sleeping in a SHED!!!
I think if we can all pool together we can get him some accommodations, even if temporary, until he can figure something else out.

LLevenson

Lairian
I am very sorry Mike is going through such a hard time right now...

this is just my 2 cents, but perhaps rather than money, we should find a way to help Mike get some support with his depression and anxiety? He stated in the beginning of the video that he has had some problems with depression and anxiety for a few years and hasn't worked and had to resort to moving in with his parents. I don't think any amount of money we could give will help him get back on his feet if the depression is not dealt with. He needs medical/emotional help. I don't know if anyone knows of a doctor or an organization/service that helps people with depression that we could put him in touch with (inexpensively or for free)? I think that the main thing from this video that concerns me the most is that here is a wonderful person who is suffering and needs help.

MikkiJean

Lairian

this is just my 2 cents, but perhaps rather than money, we should find a way to help Mike get some support with his depression and anxiety? He stated in the beginning of the video that he has had some problems with depression and anxiety for a few years and hasn't worked and had to resort to moving in with his parents. I don't think any amount of money we could give will help him get back on his feet if the depression is not dealt with. He needs medical/emotional help. I don't know if anyone knows of a doctor or an organization/service that helps people with depression that we could put him in touch with (inexpensively or for free)? I think that the main thing from this video that concerns me the most is that here is a wonderful person who is suffering and needs help.

I think that's a good idea to help him look for a doc or organization... hopefully we can help him and ball find somewhere to stay besides the shed

Inferno12

Banned

I agree with you but I think we need to get these guys some shelter first but I too think he needs some help. I know he isnt alone with the depression and a few of us (including myself) have battled it in the past. He needs to know he isnt alone and there are people out there to help. I hope the he can get access to internet again and get his emails so we can help him. I worry so much about these guys.

Inferno12

Banned
I have a friend in Dallas and I will email her and see if she can help in any way.
She almost had to move back to Brazil because she had no job either but at the last minute she got a job.
Let me see if she can help someway..

That would be awesome. I think the thing that tears me up even more is to see a group of people who technically dont even know each other, come together so quickly to help each other out. What an amazing group of people I have found here. You guys are amazing

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This made me cry so much. I have had depression and anxiety issues since atleast kindergarden (i didnt make many friends because i was "weird") So i know how mike feels. If it werent for the fact i worked with some crazy individuals at AOL so so long ago, I often fear id end up like this.

Why cant people just understand how it works? You cant just "get over it". I only know one person in texas and hes a 100lb rodent, so ill ask his owner. I dont know her very well but maybe she knows the area or how to get medical help. I had city hospital medical for over a year before my social security kicked in, it was slow but it was better than nothing.

I dont pray often but im praying for mike and butterball

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I see Texas has a 2-1-1 community support services help line. Maybe if Mike could be persuaded to call 211, he could speak to a live person familiar with what is available to him in the area. With any luck theycould hook him up with helpful organizations that are a right fit for him.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I feel so bad for Mike, I think the first ideal option would be to find somewhere for Mike and Ball to stay together. Second would be is there someone near Mike who could foster Ball temporarily so Mike can get back on his feet? Third option would be to foster Ball farther away for Mike. If it comes to that, I would offer my home to Ball until Mike has a place to keep him. I hope it doesn't and that they can stay together, but I want him to know that I am happy and willing to do that if needed:Cry:

Also if Mike needs any cat food, I would like to send him some.

Pbinky

Banned
MikkiJean sent me a link to a hotel that is very inexpensive and is pet friendly. i've emailed mike via facebook and offered to put him up for one week in this hotel. I think that will be enough time for him to gather himself and figure something out.
He hasn't emailed me back yet and i'm getting worried. I just want to help. If i was closer i would totally open my door to both mike and butterball but i'm all the way in Toronto. I just want to get him a place to stay for a week to see if he can figure something out. I don't think you can gather your thoughts in a shed.
Mike if you're reading this PLEASE contact me!!! I want to help!!!
:Smile:

MikkiJean

Lairian
Have you thought of trying to get him to contact you by commenting on his youtube account and telling him to check facebook or the Lair? Maybe he'll try to upload a video today and see it, but he might not be checking other places...

I hope you hear from him soon

Back