Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

milky discharge from babys bottom

Moezesucks

Lairian
I had posted on here about a year ago about my cats having bloody stools in relation to giardia. they have both been free and clear of this parasite for quite some time. but recently i have noticed my baby having a few drops of milky white discharge from her anus when i lift her tail up, it obviously smells awful. I cured their rotten stomachs last time with pumpkin and I have still been feeding them it in their meals daily to avoid it coming back but recently it seems like its showing up again. they are on a raw diet with zero dry kibble and maybe get dry treats once or twice a week. usually after bathtime. the stool is still solid and blood free, but the discharge is concerning. does anyone else have any information on this? or dealt with it before?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I had posted on here about a year ago about my cats having bloody stools in relation to giardia. they have both been free and clear of this parasite for quite some time. but recently i have noticed my baby having a few drops of milky white discharge from her anus when i lift her tail up, it obviously smells awful. I cured their rotten stomachs last time with pumpkin and I have still been feeding them it in their meals daily to avoid it coming back but recently it seems like its showing up again. they are on a raw diet with zero dry kibble and maybe get dry treats once or twice a week. usually after bathtime. the stool is still solid and blood free, but the discharge is concerning. does anyone else have any information on this? or dealt with it before?
Its possible your kitty has an anal gland infection or abscess. He may need his anal glands expressed periodically. First you need to ensure there is no infection. @Catzzzmeow has experience with this as her cat Loki needs this done once in a while. :)

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Our boy has had impacted anal glands. Does your baby do excessive licking in that area or scooting? I personally would try to get a pic and take your baby to the vet and get it checked out. Consistent discharge could mean infection.

Patti

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk