Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Milton goes to get his teeth taken out tomorrow

Inferno12

Banned
My hairy boy is going in the morning to get his teeth cleaned and many of them removed. This poor guy has had bad teeth all his life and he has gotten to an almost unhealthy weight. He seems to just not feel good lately so we went to see the vet a little while ago and now that Jess is here, she can pick him up and help take care of him as he recovers. I feel so bad for the guy, I just hope he makes it through the surgery ok and he starts feeling better and gaining weight. Wish us luck

susi794

Staff member
Poor Milton! Get better soon hairy boy. Praying the surgery will make him feel so much better!

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My hairy boy is going in the morning to get his teeth cleaned and many of them removed. This poor guy has had bad teeth all his life and he has gotten to an almost unhealthy weight. He seems to just not feel good lately so we went to see the vet a little while ago and now that Jess is here, she can pick him up and help take care of him as he recovers. I feel so bad for the guy, I just hope he makes it through the surgery ok and he starts feeling better and gaining weight. Wish us luck

I am very sorry to her about Milton.(love his name btw..) Did you get him as a baby or an adult. I got an adult from a breeder with bad teeth and I feel your pain girl. It's going to be very expensive, but I promise you its worth it. His appetite will come back and he wont be in pain anymore. Good Luck Milton!

Inferno12

Banned
I am very sorry to her about Milton.(love his name btw..) Did you get him as a baby or an adult. I got an adult from a breeder with bad teeth and I feel your pain girl. It's going to be very expensive, but I promise you its worth it. His appetite will come back and he wont be in pain anymore. Good Luck Milton!

I got him from the Humane Society when he was about 8 months old. He has always had bad teeth. He is 6 now and they are terrible. I cant wait for him to start eating again and gaining weight. I hope its worth it!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor Milton! My crestie had most of her teeth removed during a dental and it has made a great difference in her, it will be worth it for Milton too I am sure! I am praying for a quick recovery for him. Thank goodness Jess is back to help out now too! ((HUGS)) to your family! (furry, naked, and clothed)

Inferno12

Banned
The vet just called and Milton is awake and sticking his paws out the cage to try and touch people as the walk by. She said he is doing really well. They had to remove 10 teeth and that he will eventually loose them all. They said that he will have to come in annually now for his teeth and that he will probably loose a few more including a canine next year. She said he had to be in lots of pain when he was trying to eat and that makes me feel like such a horrible mom. :Cry::Cry:

I hope he starts eating well and gaining some weight. He has to have something to get Johnny back with. He has no claws and no teeth so maybe he will have to just start sitting on Johnny :LOL::LOL:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so glad to read that Milton made it through surgery and is on the road to recovery. He'll feel so much better when his mouth heals. You're a good kitty momma for taking care of his teeth.

Inferno12

Banned
Here is my drugged out boy. His face is so swollen and he cant even really close his mouth. I feel so bad. I feel like I should have gone a long time ago and had his teeth cleaned :Cry::Cry:

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0623.jpg
    IMG_0623.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 12

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
**hugs** He'll look and feel much better tomorrow, I promise. Ren looked like that after his dental appt last winter and improved 100% overnight.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Please don't beat yourself up over Milton's teeth. Cats are so stoic that sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between a cat being aloof and a cat who is in discomfort. The thing to keep in mind is that you got him to the vet and he will be feeling so much better in the days to come.

Inferno12

Banned
Good news, he ate almost a whole small can of food over night and this morning. He is still hanging his mouth open but thats more food than he has ever eaten.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Good news, he ate almost a whole small can of food over night and this morning. He is still hanging his mouth open but thats more food than he has ever eaten.

Awesome,,I hope he keeps getting better and better!! I hope he can get to a point where he doesnt have to hold his mouth open. Poor baby,,,give him hugs and kisses for us!!

Back