Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Min and a HAIRrowing Tale

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Min, like most Sphynx, is orally fixated. If anything enters her mouth, she has to chew it. She is also a compulsive chewer as some of you know.

I have long hair. I shed hair easily, to the point that my spouse wonders how I have any hair left on my head. My hair gets everywhere; I’ve even inadvertently sent strands of my hair in packages to clients and friends either trapped in packing tape or just in the box.

It is not, therefore, impossible to make a connection between Min’s dietary habits and my hair. I have found my hair in her poop before. I also knew it was only a matter of time before s**t got real. And that happened a couple days ago:

I am sitting at my desk, working with a client on phone and remotely (hubby and I work from our home office). I suddenly feel the presence of Hubby behind me so I turn in my chair as I continue chatting with my client and I see he has Min in his arms, belly up. He motions that I should look at Min.

I look at Min. Cute face, cute toes, soft belly… and then… OMG… a strand of my hair coming out of her butt with a turd dangling from said hair. My eyes go wide but I motion that I can’t end a call because of this.

As an aside, I had a Tonkinese cat that decided Christmas tree tinsel was an appropriate midnight snack and I was woken up early in the morning with him bouncing off the furniture, tinsel and turd ornament hanging out of his butt. I cut the tinsel and observed him closely until he passed the rest of the tinsel. All was well in the end.

Fast forward to a few days ago, Hubby left me to deal with the client and then just locked Min in their bathroom. After my call I went in search of her. Of course Hubby didn’t do anything such as cutting the hair and turd off her. I walked into the bathroom and of course she dragged the turd everywhere – holy skidmarks, Batman. I grabbed my scissors and carefully cut the hair and turd off her, knowing that more of my hair (but how much?) was still inside her.

So just like my Tonkinese, I observed Min closely. A short while later she was cleaning herself and managed to carefully pull the rest of the hair from her own butt and just sat there looking at me, my hair hanging from her mouth. As I pulled the hair out of her mouth I couldn’t help but think, “You kiss me and nuzzle me with that mouth.”

sigh. I love my girl.

maximillian_von_strange_33721430_198007620839448_3683360439766351872_n (1).jpg

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
My goodness what a little stinker. Glad she is fine. She keeps you on the edge of your seat that’s for sure. She is so pretty.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Catzzzmeow -- Min is not satisfied until she gives me a partial coronary every week. LOL It's a good thing she's cute!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Xandria oh my!!! glad she is okay!!!! what is it with hair? when I go to bed, Toby decides its time to groom my hair! I redirect him to his blank to sleep.

Namaste vibes your way! (((hugs))) and head smooches

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I’ve never had this happen with Ellie, but my childhood dog, a pug, had it happen ALL the time. Thing is, as a dog he didn’t care much. Just wandered around with it slapping back and forth. My next thought was “dang my hair this strong.”

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh yikes! How a girl can look so pretty but be such handful is what keeps me wondering;-).

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm not going to lie, I laughed a lot picturing her skid marks all around :ROFLMAO: I sure hope you made cat dad clean the aftermath since he left the dangler for you LOL

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Bailey21 -- laugh, please do. I did. Sadly Hubby has a delicate constitution. ahem, cough cough.

It's like when our tonkinese kitty had the tinsel incident. I sleep like the dead and hubby does not. So Guilden (the kitty) was tearing around the living room so loud that Hubby woke up. Hubby went to check on the cat and then crawls into bed, nudges me awake and says, "Something is wrong with Guilden." and then proceeded to "fall back asleep".

I had to deal with the Tasmanian Kitty and the turdy tinsel! ha ha ha ha

boys!

Kate

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Glad that Min was OK, and sorry there was such a mess for you to clean up.

Not completely related, but a while back my poor little dog wasn't feeling great ... and wouldn't you know it, she threw up a hairball. She felt better afterwards ... but OMG it was huge, like the thickness of a hot dog, and maybe about a 1/3 of the length. At first I didn't know what she'd thrown up so I took a closer look and it was actually a "human hairball". I felt awful. So gross, but I guess not much you can do!