Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

MingMing!

Hello from Virginia! I am a first-time Sphynx owner, under a very strange set of circumstances. My roommate bought this sweetheart on an impulse, and actually ended up hating her. She found a new cat, and wanted her out of the house by that Saturday.

I had fallen in love with her, and didn't have the heart to let her go to the shelter or someone who wouldn't properly take care of her (she was thinking of putting her up on craigslist). So, I paid her the amount she had paid for her, and now she's living at home with my mom until I get my living situation fixed up. I visit her on weekends when I can, and she's the sweetest cat I've ever seen. She's missing an eye from an accident as a kitten, but it doesn't seem to slow her down.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She's a beauty. Your room mates loss is definately your gain.
Hello and Welcome to Sphynxlair, everyone is really nice here :ThumbsUp:

She's a beauty. Your room mates loss is definately your gain.
Hello and Welcome to Sphynxlair, everyone is really nice here :ThumbsUp:
Yea, it seems like it! I'm still looking around the site :)

She said she'd always wanted one, but didn't like that she was basically a little monkey-kitteh. The more research I do, the more I find that's pretty spot-on for the breed. Is it? XD

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The more research I do, the more I find that's pretty spot-on for the breed. Is it? XD
Pretty much:Laugh: They will climb up you to sit on your shoulders, if your standing up that won't stop them, you'll just feel them take a running jump up your back.

They are great cats, very much the dog of the cat world if that makes sense. Their main aim in life is to be with you, whether its sitting on your knee, playing or just sitting on the computer desk while you surf the net.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ariena, Welcome to Sphynxlair! What a great story! I hope everything works out with your living situation so you can enjoy her full time!:Laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
oh she is beautiful! i dont understand how anyone can hate a sphynx! cheers to you for taking care of the sweet thing!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm glad she's finally found someone who really loves her and wants to look after her. She looks and sounds so lovely, and yep, a typical sphynx cat!

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi and welcome! She looks lovely and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful companion for years t come. I can't see how anyone could hate a Sphynx as they are so loving but I guess it takes all sorts.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so glad you are giving her a home where she is loved! I agree with the others- who cannot love a sphynx! They are such unique and loving creatures.

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She is so beautiful, what a shame your roomate could not appericate her beauty but you benefit from that, we can wait to hear more stories!

Yea, it seems like it! I'm still looking around the site :)

She said she'd always wanted one, but didn't like that she was basically a little monkey-kitteh. The more research I do, the more I find that's pretty spot-on for the breed. Is it? XD
Little monkey-kitten??? LOL. Yes, these cats love to climb up on you moreso than other breeds. It drove me crazy when I first got my monster home but they can easily be trained not to do that. I trained mine within a week to stop climbing up me (especially since I didn't want him doing it with guests). Despite what a lot of folks say you can train a cat. Sure, I can still tell my kitty wants to climb up me occasionally because I notice him staring up at me like he wants to leap and get up there but he now knows better and quickly scurries off. It's great that you'll give her a good home. And I'm sure your mom loves keeping an eye on her in the meantime.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome! I have two questions. One where did you get that collar, I love it! and two where in Virginia are you?

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!! You definitely belong in the lair. I'm so glad MingMing and you found each other. Please tell you mom about the site -- even if she doesn't want to register and post or anything, there is a lot of info and fun stuff here. This is the first cat site I've been on where there are husbands and wives & mothers and daughters and all kinds of family connections joining.

Ming Ming looks very beautiful and regal!

Welcome! I have two questions. One where did you get that collar, I love it! and two where in Virginia are you?
LOL. Can you tell that Kalliee's Meecho is one of our beloved SphynxLair fashionistas! :LOL:

Question One: Big Lots! We actually had to get her a new collar after a week or so--she was playing with the fluff, and all the constant movement of the collar was irritating the poor baby's skin. I did get to buy her two adorable little sweaters for the colder months that are coming our way, though. Hooray!

2--I'm in Richmond right now for school. Just an hour or two away from D.C.!

Little monkey-kitten??? LOL. Yes, these cats love to climb up on you moreso than other breeds. It drove me crazy when I first got my monster home but they can easily be trained not to do that. I trained mine within a week to stop climbing up me (especially since I didn't want him doing it with guests). Despite what a lot of folks say you can train a cat. Sure, I can still tell my kitty wants to climb up me occasionally because I notice him staring up at me like he wants to leap and get up there but he now knows better and quickly scurries off. It's great that you'll give her a good home. And I'm sure your mom loves keeping an eye on her in the meantime.
>w< yea, I'm getting regular updates from the Mommy about her. She's gotten a lot better about climbing up on people (my roommate thought it was cute and encouraged it, so we've had to work hard on that) We've always had a cat at the house till last June when our furry baby passed, so she's glad to have a cat in the home again, even if it's only till I can bring her back up to where I'm staying :p

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I hate to tell you but I think when it is time for you to pick up your kitty at moms house you are going to have to pry her out of her arms! I think you should show up with A gift for mom so you can distract her and then make A run for it.:Laugh:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
what a pretty baby. she is lucky to have both you and your mom in her life. Welcome to the site.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Question One: Big Lots! We actually had to get her a new collar after a week or so--she was playing with the fluff, and all the constant movement of the collar was irritating the poor baby's skin. I did get to buy her two adorable little sweaters for the colder months that are coming our way, though. Hooray!

2--I'm in Richmond right now for school. Just an hour or two away from D.C.!
Oh do you go to VCU? I was suppose to go down there a couple weekends ago for the taste of cary town but Meecho got really sick and I was with her. Your actually only about an hour from me. I live in Stafford.

Oh do you go to VCU? I was suppose to go down there a couple weekends ago for the taste of cary town but Meecho got really sick and I was with her. Your actually only about an hour from me. I live in Stafford.
I actually go to a private university close by, though I looove the VCU kids!