Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Missing Sphynx

srego24

Lairian
Hello. My babygirl went missing. Shea been missing for a week today. I have been searching high and low. I have added flyers everywhere in my neighborhood. I have gone door to door. I have checked under decks, sheds, inside the sheds of people who have allowed me to, backyards, bushes and up in trees. I have searched everywhere in my home as well. She is very vocal so i would hear her. Its getting very cold at night. I have also hired a search and rescue team with no luck. What more can I do????? Please help get the word out if you live in Rhode Island!! Reward if found!!!

Attachments

• LostPetFlyer.jpg
    LostPetFlyer.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 30

Sarevok

Lairian
I wish you luck in this endeavor. Many wishes and prayers for your baby to return home safely and in good health.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@srego24 , shared with your permission to my FB page.

*** was anyone pet sitting? anyone else , ex's etc key to home.? ..
just trying to think outside the box.

please check local craigslist, etc for for sale ads. (use words like sphynx, sphinx, hairless, etc when searching)
if you have a local "Nextdoor" group, be sure to post there in the lost found section. helped a kitty the other day that was posted there.

can you place litter box outside, clothing with your scent, set cat trap ? (can get at homedepot, etc, some animal control offices may have one to borrow).

if chipped, check with the company that the have you correct info. contact local shelters? animal control and give info.

sending big squeeze hugs and soo many prayers safely reunited.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
This happened to me but I found her after one week. They get scared and hide. They don't go far at all. It's just hard to find them because they are hiding.

What helped me was I put flyers and some of my neighbors saw her. That was how I knew she was still on the property. I lived in a high rise condo so there were a lot of places outside for a cat to hide. The next thing I did was put food out in a few places. One night she ate some of the food but then she must have gone back into hiding. So then, I decided I had to be outside when she came out to eat. I had been out during the day a lot but she was too scared to come out. The next night, I went outside with a chair and took my laptop and my cell phone and I just sat waiting. She came out and saw me around 10pm when everything was pretty quiet.

The crazy thing was how she came out. She came out from a hole in the wall that looked like a water escape. The hole led all the way to the garage.....actually the roof of the garage. My cat had been living in the crawl space above the garage.

I don't know if this helps but this is what I learned. They stay close, but they hide. They come out when it's quiet probably to look for food.

srego24

Lairian

please check local craigslist, etc for for sale ads. (use words like sphynx, sphinx, hairless, etc when searching)
if you have a local "Nextdoor" group, be sure to post there in the lost found section. helped a kitty the other day that was posted there.

can you place litter box outside, clothing with your scent, set cat trap ? (can get at homedepot, etc, some animal control offices may have one to borrow).

if chipped, check with the company that the have you correct info. contact local shelters? animal control and give info.

I had

I had. Friend pet sitting. Someone I've know for 9 years. No one has a key or code to get in besides her.she came to take the dogs out and the wind blew the storm door open and that must have been where she left. Havent seen her since. I have been checking Craigslist. I have the nextdoor app. I have clothing and blankets outside. With a trap and feeding shelter. I crock pot with tuna. I cannot add her litter box because my search and rescue team said the coyotes in the area will smell it and search for her.

Back